ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strange noise when turning

koi

Audi S1
Every now and then I get a noise when I turn right, don't know how to describe it but it goes 'ch ch ch ch' lol. Sound is coming from the front drivers side wheel, almost like something is rubbing?

Jacked it up and theres no play in the wheel and have swapped the tyres round but still get the noise every so often. Any ideas?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
springs have cracked?thats wts jus happened on me gfs car anyway n tht was making a sound when she was turning

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
mite not be that mate, jus thts exac wt me gfs dun last week and turned out the front right spring had cracked, wt abwt the anti roll bars?my old clio made tht noise wen turning and they wer fukd

koi

Audi S1
CV boot was leaking before as the clip had come off, the garage just cable tied it back on :S Would a proper clip make a difference?

clio 182
mine does the same noise and its only when i turn have full lock on to the right tho. mates does the same thing on his 182. car just passed mot with no problems so im just guessing its one off those things???

koi

Audi S1
Due a service soon so guess I'll get them to take a look at it, will have to make the sound when I tell them though lol

CV boot was leaking before as the clip had come off, the garage just cable tied it back on :S Would a proper clip make a difference?

do you know how long the joint might have been exposed for? if it had been off for a while, there's a danger damage might already have been done to the joint

koi

Audi S1
Just had it service and it's all fixed now, no idea what was up though cause the guy who done the work had gone home.

How long should rear brakes last?? Got receipts from the previous owner for front and rear pads at 19k and needed new rears again today, it's done 47k.

Iceburg 172
mine was making a strange noise like this and it was the os upper engine mound had come apart, might be worth a look.