ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STRANGE PROBLEMS WITH MY 182

Renault Clio 182
Hi, i am having problems with my 182 here are my two problems.

1.My fan blowers in my car are not working i have A/C and all the buttons on the display work perfectly just i dont get any air movement from the blower.

2.My car has the renault alpine multi cd changer under the passenger's seat and it is showing no signs of life i push the green button but it doesnt eject the cds, I have checked the cables and all seem to be in so i cant work out why it has stoped working.

All these problems started yesterday after driving home from work i have no idea what they could be and was hoping you could all help

Thanks

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
My 182 has the same CD changer problem - I just haven't got round to fixing it. Be interested to know how to mend the bloody thing.

Heating is caused by a dodgy rheostat/resistor under drivers side scuttle panel, circa £110 from renault although there is a few repair companies about. Have a search on here to get more info

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
I had a clio 182 Trophy thee other week, heater motor completley seized, if it isnt seized, it will be the heater motor resistor, but check the fuse first :)

Renault Clio 182
Ah okay thanks wow thats a lot of money £110 pound for a new one hopefully its the fuse then where abouts is the fuse located for the blowers? also any ideas on the alpine multi cd changer not working?

Thanks for the speedy answers too :)

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
the fuse is located in the passenger side fusebox, open the passenger door, & where the information sticker is for the airbag, pull the panel off, fusebox in there.
As for CD changer, possible its not getting the feed, which i doubt, might be the changer faulty itself.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Heating is caused by a dodgy rheostat/resistor under drivers side scuttle panel, circa £110 from renault although there is a few repair companies about. Have a search on here to get more info

I had a clio 182 Trophy thee other week, heater motor completley seized, if it isnt seized, it will be the heater motor resistor, but check the fuse first :)

My guess is that it will be either of these. My m8's Ph1 172 had a seized heater motor, yet when my heater stopped working on the 182 - it turned out to be the resistor pack. I was lucky as I got a 2nd hand one in a sale on here. Full retail is v.expensive, imo.

D.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
So many heating problems with clios in the cold weather!

Ive had problems with my resistor pack, to check if it is the resistor pack you need to remove the drivers side scuttle panel and unplug the plug on the right hand side, get a paperclip or some wire and stick either end in the holes numbered 1 and 5, its the 2 ends i think?

If your resistor is broken then your heater should blow on full power once you have done this!

2 weeks ago my heater stopped again, it turned out my fan was seized/stuck. Again, under the scuttle panel, down on the left hand side you can see a round bit which is where the fan is, i turned my ignition on and turned my heaters to full power, and then gave the bit where the fan is a good tap with something hard, (hammer) dont hit it too hard incase you break it :l

Hope this helps, Liam.

Renault Clio 182
Just thought i would update you all with what i found out today, Yes your all right it was the resistor pack (bit of a pain to remove ) as when i stuck a paper clip in holes 1 and 5 my blowers worked on full power, intill i saw the paperclip glowing red so i then stoped it lol.
Anyway whats the best course of action buy a new one or get mine repaired?

Last edited:

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I think theres a guide on here for repairing it yourself, or if you have a look on ebay there are repair services which are around £30 i think.

Or you could just replace it with another one, best trying on here or a scrappy. Renault charge over £100 for a new one!

Westfield, 182, 200
It may be a help, my Audi TT had an aftermarket Alpine CD changer connected to the Audi head unit. There was a box to adapt the Audi signals to work with the Alpine unit, the unit didn't work and I found a thick earth cable from the box was snapped at the connection to the car body, refitted it and it worked, got 6 CD's out of the unit!! Not keen on Prince though?

My heater resistor blew a month ago, the repair didn't work and I hit lucky with a used unit off here, would probably go the Ebay route next time as you get a 12 month warranty with some of the repairers.