ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange question but are the wings on all sports a different colour?

what i mean is i had all my wings, skirts front and rear bumper sprayed by a proffessional company so i got a top quality job, however when walking to my car, it was dark and raining i noticed that the recently sprayed parts were slightly off, only noticeable in the dark. Now i thought this might be the body shops fault but just coming on here and noticed the cars on the cliosport.net banner at the top. theres a monaco blue 172 on the sea front that looks like the front wing is slightly different shade to the rest of the car, and the same goes for the blue cup with the dramatic skyline, theres also a yellow 182 with the same problem. It is something to do with the wings and bumpers etc been made of the plastic and the doors etc metal? Please could someone clear this up for me or am i cracking up?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The primer on plastic ect.. show through different on paints mate.

Look at most mazdas and hondas where the rear bumper meet the quarter panel, they'll 99% of the time be a different colour.

More noticeable on lighter colour, silvers, light blues, greens, light reds.

Black hides most colour differences of any colour.

ahhh this is reassuring to know i thought the body shop had messed up the job, but apart from now i have never noticed it before

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
noticed this when looking for my 172. On all the silver one's I looked at the front wings looked a slightly different colour.........

ended up buying a black one, can't see any difference on that colour.

172cup
I'll second that, i've got a black one and can see any difference between plastic and metal parts.
Finally....there's a benefit about owing a black car :approve: