ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange Starting Problem

Hey

I came out of work tonight, use the remote central locking (works fine), get in the car (interior light on as normal), shut the door and put the keys in the ignition. Turn the key and wait for the fuel pump to power up (immobiliser), dash lights come on, go to start and nothing. All the lights go out and there is no power anywhere at all. Try the central locking and it doesnt work, interior light doesnt work, no radio etc. Total power loss.

Pop the bonnet and check the fuse box, no fuses in there related to powering the car so go to check the glove compartment fues box. Open the door and the interior light comes back on.......strange?!?!

Get back in the car and it starts fine without any problems.I then went to my m8s house, come out a couple of hours later and the car starts fine again.

Im totally confused????

The battery is fine, its nothing to do with the immobliser as that only effects the fuel pump, nothing could have blown as it starts fine now.....hmmmm

Has anyone got any ideas, all i can think of is there is some kind of loose battery connection as the radio reset itself.

Thanks

Dazz

Off the top of my head way a lay mans point of view could have a dodgie battery cell or just dampness thats off the top of my head m8 propably wrong when other members see this :confused:

yeh i reckon either damp, dirt or dodgy connection. I did push on each terminal and it started after that.

Gonna have a good look and clean up 2mo but just making sure it isnt anything else.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i would check the battery connections,acid level and all underbonnet earth points first.