ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange suspension issue....

Ph2 Meg 225
I have a bad knocking which has been coming from the front right for a couple of week which only occurs when on rough road or going I've a bump to get on drive etc! I noticed yesterday that my front driver wheel is sat further back in the arch so the gap isn't symmetrical!

The car had a new wishbone replaced at the garage about 8 week ago and the noise occurred about a week after this!
I'm guessing the knocking is to do with something being loose as the wheel position isn't always the same.

​Any ideas?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yep as Rob says.

You've left it a bit long though. Probably not tightened something, shouldn't be hard to see if you've got some tools.

182cup & 172 racecar
THIS WEEK!! do it now, if it is, you will just elongate the wishbone holes, then you will need to get some new ones.

​18mm spanner and socket. Jack it up and check it NOW ffs.

Ph2 Meg 225
LOL!

After 8 weeks I'd guess the balljoint holes are totally ruined anyway, but yeah, do it now.

It's not being driven at the moment anyway which is why I said this week! I originally thought it might have been something to do with the cv boot leaking which is why I left it (I'm replacing that aswell at the week end) and I also thought it might have been something to do with the dogbone mount as I only noticed it mainly on and off acceleration! But thankyou for the advice it will get done very soon :)