ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strange?

clio (sleeper)
today i drove my car for the first time properly since i done the conversion.everything was great it drove nice.all the computer was working.the miles per galon was climbing past 35mpg and i was chuffed! BUT!...on the way home from our 80mile round trip i went aroung a roundabout and the car missed slightly.and then when i straightened up it was fine...so obviously it was the petrolthe light was on but the guage was over quarter of a tank!so i got to a petrol station and put 25quid of texaco high octane fuel and it was running fine.BUT...when i went to check my miles per gallon on the computer it was going awol!jumping up to 70mpg then down to 50mpg!could this be because im using the 1.2 fuel sender?or could this be electrical due to me using a standard 1.2 battery.or could it be because ive taken the air con off and kept the origonal alternator?because i have noticed my lights flicker when im not using much power.and when ive got the lights and wipers on they dont flicker!

i know its alot to read but any help will be appreciated!
its not a major problem but its more anoying than anything!

thanks in advance!

clio (sleeper)
but wouldnt mine be high enough because it was origonally for aircon?perhaps i need a lower power one maybe?because when i use alot of power they dont flicker?would that explain the mpg guage going wild?

LY 182
the electrical system will only draw as much current as it needs, when you talk about a more powerfull alternator its just amount of amps it can charge at if need be, get a multimeter on the battery and see if it is charging etc.
i think your problem regarding the missfire is more fuel system related i reckon ya need to get the fuel pressure checked out and then how suitable the 1.2 sender is

clio (sleeper)
nothing yet.got to get an engineers report then declare it all
power is amazing compared to the 1.2!the torque is the best!pulls up hills in fifth!!!instead of foot to the floor in second like the 1.2!lol

clio (sleeper)
the electrical system will only draw as much current as it needs, when you talk about a more powerfull alternator its just amount of amps it can charge at if need be, get a multimeter on the battery and see if it is charging etc.
i think your problem regarding the missfire is more fuel system related i reckon ya need to get the fuel pressure checked out and then how suitable the 1.2 sender is

ive got a fuel pressure regulator i can fit if need be.but would that explain the computer being funny?plus it runs great all through the rev range.

clio (sleeper)
also it only went mad when i put 25quid of petrol in so maybe it could be the fuel sender?i did notice the other day when i put a tenner in it went up over half a tank so somethings up with that.

R35 GTR
my computer works funny too. For every 3 gallons i actually use, the car thinks I am using 2 gallons. So getting around 500 miles plus to a tank. Well not really.

sorry i couldnt help.