ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STREAMLINE CARBON REPLACEMENT REAR TRIM

bic

Land Rover Discovery
trev purchased one form you didnt he ? and that is the one we will be replacing as per my tel conversation with him earlier in the week

removal is easy enough with strong fingers and plastic tool to start it off at one end, dont worry the clips will stay intact and the bumper flexes alot, so will give into the strength of clips

"Navy" N17 TWO
Bic I never actually received one, as the problems with the first batch were discovered before mine was sent out.

trev purchased one form you didnt he ? and that is the one we will be replacing as per my tel conversation with him earlier in the week

removal is easy enough with strong fingers and plastic tool to start it off at one end, dont worry the clips will stay intact and the bumper flexes alot, so will give into the strength of clips

Nope not that Jack lol
I bought mine off Jaws on here :)

CLIO Iceberg 172
i sent an email last week about turn around time, as i dont want to send back my trim and then not have a rear trim for weeks on end,
but no ones got back to me yet regarding my email...
as for the state of readyness, there has been no corrispondance that they are sitting there waiting for the exchange, so i personaly want the ok they are all ready before i send mine back

Black Gold Trophy
Yeah I agree.
I should just have mine sent out anyway as I was never sent one of the ill-fitting ones to begin with!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Oh dear!
I thought most people would of had their replacements by now

I've been on holidays hence not having mine sent over but hope to post it to Bic on Tuesday :)

CLIO Iceberg 172
still waiting on a reply to my email i sent almost two weeks ago...has anyone sent theirs back yet? have you receved the replacment yet?

Black Gold Trophy
I rang them on monday, apparently the moulds are all sorted, they just need to make the parts and lacquer them.

CLIO Iceberg 172
im so glad i didnt send my part back two weeks ago, i knew i would be driving around for weeks without a trim, i would like some reasurance that the parts are waiting before i would think about sending out, anyone else sent out yet?

"Navy" N17 TWO
My "short version" of the CF trim was sent over to Chris last week
The replacement is due to be sent back sometime this week along with something else :)

Have just pm'd bic, I managed to completely destory my old trim as I don't have the hands of a 5 year old and it wouldn't just "pop" out. :(

My old trim measured 1090mm (2003 172) and the carbon fibre one doesn't fit as it is too short (I have put it up against the bumper but not pushed it into the holes as I don't think I could unclip it again without breaking it). I know I have left my issue a little late but hopefully something can be done.

Last edited:
  CLIO Iceberg 172
sorry still nothing, bic said he was just going to send me mine and then ill send mine back when i get it, that was a week ago.... still nothing

"Navy" N17 TWO
Spoke to Bic/Chris yesterday (is it the same person? :eek:)
My rear trim was held up in the bodyshop who are putting the lacquer on - they keep taking on work and putting other small jobs to the side.

I should have my rear trim & splitter on Friday THIS week :D

Black Gold Trophy
^nah been busy at work, sorry. I dunno if you'll see yours that soon mate as there are postal strikes from the 14th-18th I think...lazy b@stards (royal mail that is)

"Navy" N17 TWO
I spoke to Chris yesterday on the phone who told me that my stuff was sent out on Wednesday via Parcelforce 48 :)
Should be here today if the strike doesn't hold things up.
But it's a bit late coming now anyway as I hoped to have them fitted ages ago lol
(I don't fancy putting the CF splitter on to get blasted with the winter grit & sh1t like my last one :()

"Navy" N17 TWO
I spoke to Chris yesterday on the phone who told me that my stuff was sent out on Wednesday via Parcelforce 48 :)
Should be here today if the strike doesn't hold things up.

Scrap that bit ^ I just signed for it 10mins ago! :D

I think it was at the end of last week I had a phone call from him. They were waiting for a batch of them back and as soon as they had arrived I would get another phone call letting me know that they were in stock ready to be fitted :)

bic

Land Rover Discovery
2 are lacquered and flatted ready for polishing which I am doing tomorrow night, 3 more are trimmed and all trial fitted and prepped ready for lacquer tomorrow.

Sorry for delays got there in the end.

Send me your trims peeps with full details and I will get replacement sent straight out

Cheers

bic

Just to update the thread, I received my new trim a few minutes ago. Just fitted to the car and it is a perfect fit! :)

Thank you bic, I will give you a call when I am ready to sort out fitting of the other items.