ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Streched wheels???

Albi blue 197
alright i got my MOT in a week and was wondring would i pass on streched wheels i have 195/50/ 15 on a 6.5 rim but im wanting to put 175 /50or 55/ 15 on coz the tyres i have need changing anyway?? would i be okay does anyone know

RB 182 cup
not sure on the limits but yes you can fail an MOT by having stretched tires!

dam sure u cant, dont think theres anywhere in the mot manual saying you can fail it on it

my mate has 185's on a 9j rim and they were a b**ch to fit

Cup and R6
dam sure u cant, dont think theres anywhere in the mot manual saying you can fail it on it

my mate has 185's on a 9j rim and they were a b**ch to fit

my friend who had stretched tyres was refused an MOT, i guess its down the the testing stations discretion

ph3 dci100 172 rep
175's wont stretch on a 6.5j rim mate and it will NOT fail an mot unless the tread protrudes the wheel arches as i have 195/40/16's on a 9j and i've already asked the mrs' dad as he's an mot tester!

tester's dont like big stretch but they cannot fail it unless the tread stick out basically!

to stretch a 175/50/15 you'd need atleast a 7j and that wouldn't be much of a stretch at all really mate!

hope that helps!
sam

Albi blue 197
i dont want a massive or much of a big strech only a little bit as it is so i should be alright then i suppose

Clio 182, CBR600RR
I had 8j rims with 175s on the rear of my euro look polo, no problem with the mot as the tread didnt quite stick out the wheel arch when lookin from above although tire side wall an the rim clearly did! Although it can be a very grey area with the police i know quite a few ppl from the VAG scene that have had problems with the police because of stretch an wheels outside of the arch even if the tread doesnt show. I was pulled when i had mine due 2 runnin german pressed plates, they looked over the whole car checking the tread on all tires lights etc an didnt even mention the stretch! Lol must have just been my lucky day or somethin cos they didnt even do me 4 my plates cos i had Uk ones in the boot an fitted um while they were there!

Clio 182, CBR600RR
I had 8j rims with 175s on the rear of my euro look polo, no problem with the mot as the tread didnt quite stick out the wheel arch when lookin from above although tire side wall an the rim clearly did! Although it can be a very grey area with the police i know quite a few ppl from the VAG scene that have had problems with the police because of stretch an wheels outside of the arch even if the tread doesnt show. I was pulled when i had mine due 2 runnin german pressed plates, they looked over the whole car checking the tread on all tires lights etc an didnt even mention the stretch! Lol must have just been my lucky day or somethin cos they didnt even do me 4 my plates cos i had Uk ones in the boot an fitted um while they were there!