ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Street Fighter - Xbox live update plz

172 cup TT
Hi chaps... For some reason ive had a bee in my bonnet for the past week with wanting to play SF2 online.. I always bloody do this, go out and pay ridiculous money for stuff I "want" then regret it very shortly afterwards...

I don't really WANT a 360 for anything other than xbox live arcade!, pretty crap really standing back from it - but that backs up what I said above.... Anyway, I want to play SF2 online but worried about the 360 version being REALLY laggy... I would spend nigh on £300 quid on the whole set up to be wasted because SF maybe unplayable on it.. Whats peoples views? Has it got better recently? Out of 10 matches how many are laggy or over say 70ms etc?

I have a few options really..
1) Get a 360, sod it..
2) Use Mame32C and play SF2 rom on that (but that’s laggy as hell so no real option actually!)..
3) buy an Xbox1 plus SF anniversary and just play that for half the price (apparently the lag on this is non existent!)

God you can tell im bored at work cant you :)

Floodie

Lee

BMW M2C
To be honest, the Xbox 360 pad is possibly the worst pad in the world for playing SF. I f**king hate it.

There's no lag online at all as far as I can tell.

New games coming to Xbox Live Arcade. Pacman tonight, then:

Aug. 16: Texas Hold 'em
Aug. 23: Time Pilot
Aug. 30: Scramble
Sept 6: Lumines Live!

172 cup TT
Thanks Lee - thats really gone in the 360s favour cheers.... what ISP are you on Lee?

Are there any aftermarket pads for the xbox then? surely there must be a PS type pad... that would be perfect.. or failing that, a snes one :)

Ooh some nice games coming up too in the coming weeks...

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm with Plusnet still. So far so good. I reckon I'll probably go with Sky when I move later this year.

I really have to find an aftermarket pad with a decent Dpad. The rest of the 360 pad is spot on though. I'd kill for a snes pad, but it would lack the buttons. One of the lads here has an arcade stick, that's good for SF.

Floodie said:
Hi chaps... For some reason ive had a bee in my bonnet for the past week with wanting to play SF2 online.. I always bloody do this, go out and pay ridiculous money for stuff I "want" then regret it very shortly afterwards...

I don't really WANT a 360 for anything other than xbox live arcade!, pretty crap really standing back from it - but that backs up what I said above.... Anyway, I want to play SF2 online but worried about the 360 version being REALLY laggy... I would spend nigh on £300 quid on the whole set up to be wasted because SF maybe unplayable on it.. Whats peoples views? Has it got better recently? Out of 10 matches how many are laggy or over say 70ms etc?

I have a few options really..
1) Get a 360, sod it..
2) Use Mame32C and play SF2 rom on that (but that’s laggy as hell so no real option actually!)..
3) buy an Xbox1 plus SF anniversary and just play that for half the price (apparently the lag on this is non existent!)

God you can tell im bored at work cant you :)

Floodie

Yep...get an XBox1...dead cheap. Third strike is great.

Come on....save some wonger......you know you want to

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've not tried SF yet but the 360 arcade is great fun. The other plus side is that you have access to many demos of full price games so you can have alot of variety for very little cost after the initial investment.

172 cup TT
Lee: ah yeh i knew you were on plusnet didnt i, doh... re the joystick, yeh good call but my mate bought one a while back for the same reason but its annoying to use.. you kind have to have it on your knees when you play and its not very stable when doing frantic combos etc... good in theory but in practise its annoying i think mate

Psychy: hmm argh dont say that :) - i could do it REALLY cheap as i know my mate would swap his xbox with my ps2... that anniversary edition has SF2turbo too doesnt it?.. but ive heard its not identical to the arcade as its a bit un-even, i,e: Guiles 4 hit re-dizzy...

Sneeks: cheers - yeh a few good points there

Focus RS, 182 gone
just buy sf2 aneversary collection on the standard xbox, you can play the original online as well as turbo and third strike, mint, but be warned people are very good at it lol, if you get it add my gamertag: azzer2000 and ill have you a game.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
just bought anniversary on ps2 (doesnt come with sf3 on ps2 pal edition grrr) .. but i am back into my groove again, dragon uppercuts at will etc.. ;) thought i would get some practice in own my noob mates at on thier 360's .. only thing worrying me is the shite 360 pad.

Yaris Hybrid
I played my bro online - he lives half a mile away and it was lag free.

I have heard the lag is terrible but that might have been Americans who play at longer distances and maybe don't get as good pings.

Why the obsession with playing online? Who are you playing? Can't your mates come round your house? Otherwise I'd be happy playing with two pads on an XBox, PS2 or preferably a SNES emulator as I prefer that version!!!

I wish they would release some decent arcade games from the late eighties as opposed to all this late 70's and early 80's crap.

172 cup TT
Toypop said:
Why the obsession with playing online? Who are you playing? Can't your mates come round your house? Otherwise I'd be happy playing with two pads on an XBox, PS2 or preferably a SNES emulator as I prefer that version!!!

Well because most of my mates are "just average", cant even do triples, supers within combos etc let alone anything else... only one mate is what i would consider "good" but that gets boring after a while... Im looking for the kind of players i used to play at the tournies up the old Namco Wonder park when it was in picadilly, london.

172 cup TT
mm me too mate.. well, JUST about to connect my xbox to the net and subscribe to live... bought an xbox 1 with SF2 anniversary... will let you know how i get on..