ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stressed, Fed-up and Depressed!

Does anyone else "jump" in the motor and go for a "burn" when they are feeling down?

Or am I the only sad 1?

Drove around for almost 1 hour yesterday!

tiTTy & SV650

used to it a lot, go out into the hills for a good old rally, think i need new glasses though so driving in the dark aint much fun just now!

Im feelin same at the mo... but cant drive cos no back window! GRRRR! RAC autowindscreens are putting it back and back and back!

and half a tank of Optimax later! :)

Its all about the loud music for me, love to get the system turned and the subs banging!

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Yup used to enjoy doing that but since the M3 died the Polo aint much fun to drive. I find jogging takes my mind off things for a half hour at least.

I normally combine a drive to the gym. Excersise is the best way of getting rid of stress I find :)

(P.S I have started this thread under the wrong topic....oppsseee - sorry :oops:)

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by Arianne on 20 February 2005
Yeah Ive done this - loud music, cigarettes, and round the M25...

Done the M25 quite a few times just for the sake of it, just to get away from everything, just hurts when u fill up with 15-20quids worth of petrol, get back and the empty light is on

Yer I went for like a pointless 90 minuite drive yesterday, just take a few CDs and makes me feel a lot better! Cept when I check the fuel gauge after, random driving sure is expensive..

I often take mine out for a burn. Window open so I can hear the exhaust, heater on - country lanes at night so I can see if anything is on the road coming the other way [not likely to be horses, cyclists, pedestrians at night] - both sides of the road...rally sl*g. And yes I do drive within my own limits for those conditions :)

Pulling up on the drive a half hour later - getting out and smelling the brakes - walking away sloooowly and hearing the exhaust tinking as I lock the car. :D :D

RB182cup&golf gti

Used to do it all the time, dont so much now as cant afford the fuel! Used to drive miles, 100 mile trips out, cant beat a good old blast in the car!

I do it sometimes when Im bored! Window down so i can here my zorst too and all heaters pointing directly at me on full blast! lol!

I really need to find some decent roads to blast around thou.

silver valver/hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by GeeUK on 20 February 2005

I do it sometimes when Im bored! Window down so i can here my zorst too and all heaters pointing directly at me on full blast! lol!

I really need to find some decent roads to blast around thou.
same here, havent done it in ages though cus of the weather and fuel bills, the west mids is w**k for driving roads have to go miles to find any decent ones.

LOL f**k yeah you godda have the vents pointing at your hands when driving in this weather with the window down. The 182 also sounds superb with the window up, for that rasping noise - depends on my mood. Damned Optimax is frickin dear though!

Im sure RS engineered that cooling exhaust tink. Probably had some geek who worked just on the noise of it cooling down :D

We have some superb driving roads near where I live...long twisting - short and tight - smooth - bumpy...the Clio just laughs and carries on going :D

I know a stretch really well where it gets bumpy just as Im on cam in 2nd...the car loses traction over the bumps/ripples. I have to snatch 3rd as I go over the bumps or the traction loss means hello rev limiter mid-air...3rd picks up just past the ripples and the road smooths out into a long windy strip with a long line of sight.....bwaaaa...shall I grab 4th? Its getting madly quick and a bend is coming up...back off...brake hard and grab 2nd again....hit the apex and bwaaaaaaa!

f**k yeah I go out for random burns :oops:

BMW E46 330i Touring

Often drive to Dundee in my bare feet....

I dont really know many decent driving roads, which is my fault really as theres loads in Mid Devon. I just tend to bottle my frustrations up until I pretty much break down. At the moment, I want a new car, a new job and a new place to live.....

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 20 February 2005

We have some superb driving roads near where I live...long twisting - short and tight - smooth - bumpy...the Clio just laughs and carries on going :D
Mine doesnt, im -60mm on PIs :cry:

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

have been known to go out when pissed off/ stressed etc. I legged it up the east kilbride road up my way after being majorly raging with a nite out (i was nominated driver - dont go there) had a full tank and tanned it around for about an hour and also took in a road off pollokshaws roundabout which leads up to darnley, very scary in the dark and pushes your skills to the max. This when utter raging is best avoided but i went for it anyway full beam fog lights and it was still well dark.

Shell station at the roundabout was paid a visit after it and ok it was £20 but worth it to feel better, plus redlined car outside house at idle when i came back in at 2am. :D sounds awesome and kicks at 7grand silly i know but stress relief!!!!!!

i second all that im the same i luv just goin for a blast! i thought i was the only 1 just to go out for pointless drives and window down music up and just luv it when other people look at ur car:oops: as iv luv to go out when i just spent hours washing it......

Street Triple R

I think everyone at some point in their lives wil recreate the famous "rocky Lamborghini" scene...i certainly have anyway lol, complete with the music and everything - "Robert Tepper - No easy way out if" if your interested ;)

have had problems with the girlfriend, or just been missing home (I live in oz) and have gone out for a quick drive that has ended up a couple of hours later with a satisfied me and a couple of hundred kms behind.

NO GOOD FOR RESALE, but good for the mind. Love it.

car? need a license 1st!

Pointless drives are ace, i havent been on one since i first passed, mainly cos ive been skint, and owed people money.

Its the best stress relief, there are some awsome roads near my house, i live near the Yorkshire/Lancashire border (half way between Clitheroe and Settle) and some of the roads near my house are awsome.

Mission off out about 11pm, come back past my house almost on limiter (house is on a fast s-bend) at about 12, then arrive back at about 1am. My dad asks "that you going past like a nob?" ..

I think a pointless mish is in order when i get paid. 2 weeks Tuesday my little bro passes, so ill prolly be going for a few then. :D

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by jongsr4 on 21 February 2005

I think everyone at some point in their lives wil recreate the famous "rocky Lamborghini" scene...i certainly have anyway lol, complete with the music and everything - "Robert Tepper - No easy way out if" if your interested ;)
LMAO

130i, 306 hdi, vrs

got to be done any thing that helps with stress cant be bad for you. Not sure about the rocky song though my brother plays the whole rocky sound track aswell as the topgun sound track when hes out driving with no where to go, looking for a race. very strange!

leon cupra R

yup im the same i tend to go out when im down in the dumps or just god damm bored

when you do go out you always come across a lil prick who wants to race you so you just have to thrash em lol

Snotter's

your spot on daz,thats how i binned my wills.Was half asleep but i loved goin 4 a late nite drive and sum dicks start swearing and wana race,anyway that was the end of my wills !!!

Clio Phase II 16V

Done it loads of times, my favouriate journey was to Dover, used to park up and watch the sea.....

How sad i know, i think i recall even sleeping in the car down there once.

WOW - This threads seems to have got huge over the last couple of days!

Glad I am not the only one who goes on "randam road trips" with the windows down and the heaters on! ;)