ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped brake bleed nipple..

Howdy chaps

Not a clio but the same principal. Got a caliper with almost round nut on it. I dont have a 6 point 9mm but I dont think this will work. I have ordered one anyway and 4 new bleed nipples so im ready to go

My options I guess.. file or grind flats and try and get an open ended spanner on.

Or perhaps try a plumbers type spanner and twist it off. But somewhat worried about crushing it

Have left it with a dousing of plus gas for now and give it another go when I have he parts.

Anyone got any bright ideas they have used in the past?

Thanks.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Six sider should normally do the trick, failing that mole grips or similar.
If it snaps off, drill it out!! Not difficult to do either, just use a smaller drill piece than the thread is so you can get the remaining out. If you need to drill it out then you'll want to pop the piston out too to make sure there's no crap gone through.
Hopefully grips, pliers, alternative will work though and it won't come to that

Cheers. I did tickle it with moleys earlier not to hard tho cos didnt want to crush it. Will reassess when the time comes. I do have a 8mm 6 point. So may I should just spend 20 mins filing each side lol monotonous but will probably work!

330i. E30 Touring.
Buzz gun FTW. Always spins them free.

In terms of removing the rounded one, I'd be hammering a six sider over it.

Buzz gun FTW. Always spins them free.

In terms of removing the rounded one, I'd be hammering a six sider over it.

I have the clarke 240v one but I think it would be to viscous (sp) and just round it I think ill try and get the 8mm 6 sider on it.

Spent 20 mins with a file earlier. Seems to have done the trick... its now a nice snug fit on the 8mm. I have to wait until I get my new nips tho before I can attempt to crack it off :)
Thanks for the advice all

3e6y2y4y.jpg

4u9avaja.jpg