ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Bleeding - ABS - RS Tuner

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi all

Changed the master cylinder last week kn my 182, got a f**k load of air in the system so going go use my RS Tuner to try get it out the abs.

Just want to check the procedure before doing.

On a guide I've got, if says open bleed screw on whichever corner is being done, activate that corner with the Rs Tuner, depress the brake pedal without reaching its limited which allows the brake circuit to be kept at a pressure equal or greater than 15 bar, release slowly and close bleed screw.

Instead of pressing the pedal, will having the eezibleed set up to 20psi have the same effect of keeping the system under enough pressure?

If doing it manually, do you have to press the pedal down for the duration of the abs being triggered? Do you have to keep the pedal moving for the duration without reaching the floor or can you just press it and hold half way?

Am I looking into this way too much? 😂

I always bleed the old fashion way, basically ignoring the ABS system, as I don't have CLIP or an RS tuner. But does this have any negative consequences, as in old brake fluid staying in the ABS unit?