ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strong smell of petrol inside car

clio 172
Please has anybody had a problem with a very strong smell of petrol inside car my 172 is intermittently smelling ,i understand the fuel pump is under the rear seat and was hoping it could just be a seal ???

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Hi.

My car started to reek of fuel, especially at standstill / slow speed and was particularly noticeable if I had cabin blowers on.

Mine turned out to be perished O-Rings on the fuel line connector into the fuel rail. Only a small leak but it was vaporising on the hot engine block and stunk!

Could be the same thing?

clio 172
Thanks for the fast replies it definately is coming from the rear of the car and only inside ,started at first when i was parking it on a slope facing down,but it has got worse and now just constantly smells.it dose not seem to effect the runing of the car at all.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lift the back seats up and unscrew the cover and you should see the problem.