ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut bolts

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Evening all,
As above probably a total dummy question but I’m no mechanic.
I can’t get the strut to hub bolts out, the nuts are off, I can see 1cm of the shaft on the top bolt but can’t get either out. Am I doing something wrong?
Cheers in advance

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Evening all,
As above probably a total dummy question but I’m no mechanic.
I can’t get the strut to hub bolts out, the nuts are off, I can see 1cm of the shaft on the top bolt but can’t get either out. Am I doing something wrong?
Cheers in advance
Hammer them out using a punch/screwdriver.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
There spinning freely but they just won’t come out even with the hammer. I’ll have to keep trying. Cheers
They'll be under tension from the spring. Try take some of that tension off and it should be easier as it will just drop once you remove the bolts.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
It must be that, if I hit them much harder something is going to bend/break. I’ve got some spring compressors, I’ll give that a shot tomorrow. Cheers

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I assume the car is on axle stands? If so just jack the bottom of the wishbone slightly to take up some tension...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
It was on stands, I’ve packed up now before my patience expired. I’ll jack it up again tomorrow. Cheers for the advice.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
It was on stands, I’ve packed up now before my patience expired. I’ll jack it up again tomorrow. Cheers for the advice.
just wondering. where they standard bolts or camber adjust ones?

The strut is under a lot of load. Disconnecting the anti-roll bar helps. If you do hammer them out be careful as the bolts are soft iron and the threads can be easily damaged.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
mine had a set of adjust bolts in had to slowly turn and tap until they lined up to get them out.