ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut Brace advice

just received my sparco strut brace today for 1.6 16V Mk2 Clio.

Do I have to drill holes in my suspension turrets (3 either side) to fit it coz the strut brace has holes drilled in it so i take it I would - what sort of bolts should be used?

Also ordered koni top adjustables - will these improve handling an dride as at the minute its lowered on pi 35mm springs with standard shocks and it feels dodgy?

Thanks

BMW 320d Sport

Yes you need to get the drill out, just put it in place and make sure its gonna sit right first cos Sparco strut braces are notorious for not fitting very well sometimes.

I started off with -35mm PI springs and it handled better than standard, then later on I got the Koni adjustables all round and it made a big difference I thought. Money well spent, and the car felt a lot tighter.

FRST and 106 GTi

for this Ill advice you to get an alloy one... OMP has one I guess.
Ill need to get the front of the car up with the front wheels free in the air.
Unscrew the "bolt" that holds the shock, so it can goes down. This way you will work more safely when drilling the 3 holes. This "bolt" (dont know how to say it in english) must be full screwed with the wheels on the floor!!!

Sorry about my english, but talking about mechanic tweaks is hard... at least to me.

I hope that I helped somebody... my English sucks.

BUTRE