ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut Braces ??

Clio (muppet) Sport 182
Hi, ive just spoken to Deemon Tweeks about front and rear strut braces and they only have 172 listed, will an OMP 172 brace fit a 182 or is there a better alternative ? Cheers in advance Gra :)

Golf MK6 GT TDI
yeah 172 strut brace will fit, threy're the same thing!

no point though, i have a rear strut brace, just for show.

Anti roll bars are the way to go if you want a difference in handling iirc.

Iceberg 172
Strut braces are just for show IMO. I've never noticed a difference on most of my previous cars I've fitted them too.

But yeah, a 172 will fit a 182.

Clio 182
I got a rear omp strut from here and tbh feels abit stiffer at the back probably just the placebo effect though. I only paid 25 quid so didn't mind really! Looks good too

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
Like others have said it doesn't realy do much, but I've always had a rear one I just can't feel the differance day to day

Clio 182
It does difference if you have old car with much body roll. It helped to my Pug106 and also Nissan 100NX GTi. Clio has firmer shell from factory. :cool:

Clio (muppet) Sport 182
Thanks peeps im going down the anti roll bar route also!! Had a 911 last year and a strut brace made a hell of a difference then :( bloody recession!! Anyone on here got a brace they dont want anymore, just to see for myself of course!! ;) cash waiting, cheers Gra

Clio (muppet) Sport 182
£84 front £49 rear thats inclusive of the dreaded!! ARB is £147 plus the dreaded and a week wait for them to come in.... G