ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut Top Washers - Fix for knocking

421 Cammed 172
I know there are previous threads for this but i usually get flamed on forums for reviving old threads.

So is anyone still selling these as £10 on yozzasport is a bit much for a couple of washers!

Please let me know if you know of anyone!

Thanks

421 Cammed 172
Well, Credit Crunch and all!

You can't honestly tell me that there is a justification for a £10 price tag on 2 washers???

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Anyone got the Dimensions and Ideal Material of these Washers??

421 Cammed 172
Thats right. Ive asked around but no engineering firms will make me 2. They'll make me 1000, but i dont have 500 clios in my posession - LMFAO

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'll get onto a Friend and see what he can do about these and for what price and if I'm successful there will be a For Sale Thread soon :)

421 Cammed 172
When do you think you'll know Clio-Coby?

Ive just been pointed in the direction of some on eBay by powey, but if you'll know by say tuesday ill hang on for your answer and price?!

Rather pay a CS member than an eBay stranger, even if the price is the same.

Thanks for the link powey. Im gonna send him a message about em now :D

421 Cammed 172
An hours labour is the minimum garages charge really. So it depends on garage so you could look at about £30. Its cheaper to get the 12v impact gun from argos and do it yourself, then you always have the gun to change wheels etc at home!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've just text my friend but he probably won't know until tomorrow when he goes to work.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yeah no worries.... He'll hopefully have some sort of answer for me tomorrow so i'll post in this thread tomorrow night

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I am unable to get the washers in that Size :(

Guess it's either Yozza or None Guys

Da

Less
Renault will probably sell them as a fix for the knocking but the price will be far greater than the £10 they go for on here.

Da

Less
There is I think...but as a non-member I'm not sure you'll have access to it?
Fitting takes literally 10 minutes and for me was a wonder cure! No more "skipping" on full lock!

Da

Less
No probs, found the 'guide' lol;

yep

open bonet
undo top caps (21mm, 1 per side, electronic impact gun maybe needed)
slap on 1 washer per side
put top caps back on, tighten with hand tools only until you feel resistance, NO MORE

job done

A further guide here, note the differences though ie the allen key and removal of the compression nut.

Last edited:
  Black Gold Trophy
I would order these from Yozzasport, but their site is absolute cack.
I put an order in a while ago for well over £100 worth of stuff, all it said was we'll email you with payment instructions... Never received one.
I ordered some discs from them ages ago and didn't have any of that rubbish to contend with!

clio 182 cup
I would order these from Yozzasport, but their site is absolute cack.
I put an order in a while ago for well over £100 worth of stuff, all it said was we'll email you with payment instructions... Never received one.
I ordered some discs from them ages ago and didn't have any of that rubbish to contend with!

Yeah i had the same problem, tried to buy these washers but got no reply from yozzasport! any idea where else i can get them from, cant see any on here???

Nissan 350z
Considering how cheap this fix is i think i will give it a bash regardless. Might as well fit a pair while im changing my springs. It affects all Mk2 Clios right, not just the 172/182s?

Nissan 350z
I thought all Mk2s had the same top mount so i just assumed it could affect any Mk2? Oh well its only a tenner :)