ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stub Ariel

Clio 182 Silver
Hi

I purchased a stub aerial for 182 , Tried it and the bottom half would not sit in the mount flush so I realized I needed a little off the bottom of the screw..

So at work I grinded off the bottom like 3mm (perfect it fitted) only problem is it does not pick up and station at all.. If I click on a preset it finds it but with shocking reception.

I did try it when I was parked and when the screw didn't sit flush it seemed to work okay..

Have I messed up the contact or are they just s**t? or does it need some sort of set up??

Note - it works fine with original aerial

Thanks for your help

CursedTitanium 182FF
Had the same with mine, even without trimming it. I put the standard one back on in the end.

Clio 182 Silver
Just had a play with it.. got it working but stationary so probably doesn't mean anything..

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Short stubby ones vtr or that size ually crap reception get a CTR one:approve:

renault clio 182
I want a stubby one too hate the standard one too big ruins look of the car but might give it a miss now

clio sold :(
stubbys are more for looks than reception i havent had one that gets any good signal! some boxes say for looks only, not a replacement aerial....
but i use a usb and never use the radio so i get stubby looks at no loss :)