ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stuck...?!

Renault Clio 1.4
Alrite, i passed my test earlier this year and bought myself a 1.4 mk 1 clio, perfect first car but now it just lacks power for my liking. I am 18 and get hammered by the insurance of a 172, but love the look. So it got me thinking and i came up with the idea of buyin a 1.6 16v clio dynamique, the reason for this being that it is only £100 insurance difference than what i am paying at the moment. Anyway back on track i was wondering if it was possible to buy a 172 body kit and fit it to the 1.6?... Any other ideas about where to go next or how to get a 172 on cheap insurance lol........?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Look into it further, it may cost you the same amount as insuring a 172.

By the time you add in quotes for modifications as they will be you may only be a few ££ away from the real thing. Especially being a young driver, modifications will add a hefty premium.

Unfortunatley there is no quick way off getting a faster car without paying for it...

vw bora
try kwick fit insurance i was 19 with 6 points and got it for £1900 yeah its expensive but it was worth it :D or other than that get a conversioned clio 172 or a rep

Renault Clio 1.4
How much does it cost for a 172 full body does anyone know? Because by the time a coversion is done it could be worth just gettin the 172 like some of u say, but sayin that £2300 third party f&t isn't cheap! I've looked on ebay etc n googled 172 kits n not a lot is coming back?

182 Trophy (#27/500)
I know u mite think this sounds like s**t advice but if were u i would keep the 1.4 until next year and then buy the genuine artical. Trust me its worth it. theres nothing like the real thing and you will be saving a fortune (maybe anough to pay for the insurance on 172!!!ol)