ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stud and nut kit, what length bolts??

Hi all

hopefully picking up some TD 1.2’s this weekend ET25.

I’m going to be removing the spacers I’ve got on all 4 corners to allow for the wider wheels too.
I’m looking to buy a stud and nut conversion kit but unsure what length bolts to go for..

PMS offer 68,75&82 mm. Can someone assist in what I should go for?

many thanks

Clio 172
Copied from the PMS site for you

Choice of length

- 68mm length: 12mm internal thread - 7mm plain shank - 36mm outer thread - 13mm bullet tip. Suitable for standard wheels and up to 5mm spacers
- 75mm length: 12mm internal thread - 7mm plain shank - 43mm outer thread - 13mm bullet tip. Suitable for up to 18mm spacers
- 82mm length: 12mm internal thread - 7mm plain shank - 50mm outer thread - 13mm bullet tip. Suitable for up to 25mm spacers

Clio 172
Short version: no spacers 68mm kits is what you need.

extra info - 172/182 as the stud screws into the disc bell on the rear (not the hub on the front) the rear studs will show 7mm more thread past the open nut. This is normal on these cars and safe m, just looks a bit meh if you care

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You need to remember the front disk hub is deeper than the rear so although you buy the same size studs, the fronts will look shorter as they go in further. The next size up will compensate that.

Clio 172
68mm in front with no spaces has the end of the open nut sit flush with the end of the thread of the stud. It the rear that’s different and ends up long