ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid clocks question...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a slight niggle with my fuel guage, it's something to do with the connection.

Sometimes it's fine, but sometimes, and for no reason, it goes a bit nuts and stutters/forgets where 0 point is and keeps going round, past the max mark, almost 360 degrees :)

Whilst I'd like a car that actually fills up with petrol it's slightly annoying.

I can easily reset it by pressing the clocks at the top, as moving the connection (but can't pin point where exactly) kicks it all back in and I can reset it ok.

Now I've had the dash top off numerous times to see if I can work it out, and if my next attempt fails I might look at a new set of clocks.

But my dumb question is, is the mileage stored in the ECU somewhere and thus any set of clocks I plug in will have my correct mileage, or is it stored on a chip on the clocks themselves?

If the latter I probably won't bother and will continue to try and work it out!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
hmm just read some old threads and it seems the mileage is stored on the clocks, bugger :(

Can the clip adjust this at all? It's going into the garage soon so they could change it maybe...

Not a Clio
New clocks + new mileage doesn't matter, get it done at a proper place (preferably Renault) and they will certify the mileage when the clocks went back to 0.

I don't know if the clocks will go back to 0, just saying if they do then it's not big deal, I've bought cars that have had problems with clocks and the indicated mileage isn't the actual mileage.