ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stupid problem!

Jak

Renault clio 2002
just got some new toys, alpine cd player and pioneer speakers, and well its usually my cousin who sorts electrics out for me (cus im useless) but hes at uni so he can't do it!
i no this is probably rate nooob question but how the hell do i take these cables out! (it might have had something to do with fingers being very cold! but they would not move)! :(
Its the cables on the back of the tape player;
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/brasseye_1970/remote.jpg
thanks jak!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
They are just plugs mate. Held in by the clips on the left hand side of the picture. push the clip towards the wires and give it a yank outwards. may need a bit of a wiggle if they have been in there a long time.

Jak

Renault clio 2002
cheers mate! im sure i tried that, but my hands were rather numb at the time, will try again tomorow! :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I always use a really small screwdriver as the clips are too small for my sausage fingers to push in far enough.

Jak

Renault clio 2002
cheers guys managed to get the wires out, wired up the new alpine hu but for some reason there is no power goin to the unit at all!? it does not light up switch on!? any ideas as to why this is happening?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Check these mate. Do them in this order too

Have you got your key turned 1 notch or your ignition on?
Press all the buttons on the headunit?
Facia is on correctly?
Make sure the plugs are in correctly on the back and no wires have come loose from the blocks?
Check all fuses?
Get a wiring diagram. then check using a voltmeter whether you have power coming to the unit?