ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid things you’ve done

clio 20v

when i first started work i got sent to empty a cabin at a job wed just finished, had a load of cable tray to go in it was half an inch too long and having no saw i thought id slam the door shut, it went straight thru the windscreen

just found about the joys of lift off oversteer about a month after passin my test tried to get it sideways, spun my fiesta 1.1 on a r/a and ended up going backwards at high speed up the kerb into a big bush, bent a lower arm an buckled a rim

started a fight wiv a guy 8 times bigger than me an had to run away very fast

racin a guy on my crosser down dirt tracks came to a norrow section with bushes either side his bike being bigger than mine went over the top of the bush my handlebars slammed into the bush the bike stopped i didnt flew about 30ft

did a handbrake turn in front of a copper cos id gone the wrong way

one of the lads at work put a rascal van on its side on barton bridge nr trafford ctr tryin to roll a fag

Lupo Gti

ye i had a corker!

mum likes her cars so gets a nice spangly s3, on second day of ownership i decided that my car needed a good old hoover inside, so i asked dad for the keys of his beemer M5 , its a tight double garage and my mums car was parked side by side with the beemer, im reversing the beemer, and its a big car compared to the likes of a clio. When i hear a rather large BANG! look round see my moms audi about 3 foot in the air cos i hit it and the beemer was kinda lifting it up, b****cks, lots of swearing and noise came my way for that one! audis nd beemers rnt the cheapest things to fix and all!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 20 January 2003

I really hate motorcyclists..i wouldnt piss on them if theyre bikes were on fire!

I was in dartford with my dad in the Aston, two suzuki 23424214234rs weaved around until they got to the front of traffic, as usual. When the lights went green they did wheelies in an obvious attempt to show off. We then masterfully drove in between the both of them and shot off towards the roundabout (where they have to slow down to walking pace) and i wave goodbye. I know that doesnt count as a stupid thing, but i shagged my mates bird once, does that count?!
Rob

There is nothing wrong with bikers. A couple of our mates race in the British Superbikes and they would be very annoyed at you for saying that.

Personally, I think that bikers are mostly very alert on the road and usually have to try to anticipate what some silly car drivers are going to do. If they are involved in accidents with cars, the car drivers nearly always say that they didnt notice the bike, it is almost as though bikers are invisible to some car drivers.

Often they will weave in and out of traffic because they can! The majority of bikers are law abiding citizens who dont all constantly break the speed limit any more than car drivers do.

Rob, no doubt they performed some wheelies because they saw you and your dad in your Aston Martin!

Believe me, Rob, motorcyclist hate car drivers way more than you hate them, and rightly so. I stopped riding because some dumbass car was bound to kill me sooner rather than later. Oh yeah, riding down the side of traffic jams is called "filtering", and provided the traffic is stationary, it is not only perfectly legal, but recommended by the police!

Anyway, stupidest thing I ever did was selling my 172 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rhys

That electric fence one reminded me of an encounter with one. I didnt realise it was electric so i grabbed the wire to push it down to climb over it. The thing is these fences pulse. The first pulse shot into my hand, making it tense into a fist around the wire, just as im about to open my hand again, another pulse goes off. This process went on for what seemed like a couple of minutes, me just standing there getting shocked by this fence, eventually a nearby mate helped me off.

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 20 January 2003

I really hate motorcyclists..i wouldnt piss on them if theyre bikes were on fire!
Thats a pretty immature thing to say. We dont need idiots like you on the road.

Im sure motorcyclists think your a bit of a tw*t when you go round wheelspinning and trying to show off in your car.!

Why dont you like them, is it because they can get about quicker than you without even trying? Ive had my bike license for 11 years now and my car license for 5, if I had a choise between the two Id go for a bike, no question.

Youve obviously never ridden a bike so I dont even know why Im wasting my time with you. Youll grow up one day.

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 20 January 2003

Personally, I think that bikers are mostly very alert on the road and usually have to try to anticipate what some silly car drivers are going to do. If they are involved in accidents with cars, the car drivers nearly always say that they didnt notice the bike, it is almost as though bikers are invisible to some car drivers.
Very true GR.

BarryD - I have a motorcycle license! I decided to not buy a bike as a family friend got killed on his busa last year.

Youre being presumptious saying i go around wheelspinning. Ive driven many a fast car, in comparison my car is no where near as good (though of course i still love it!) so i have no desire to do that.

On the evidence ive seen motorcyclists dont obey speed limits, and their forte is too ignore double white lines because they can squeeze past. Bikers often try to intimidate me by swerving behind me, of course with FULL BEAM.

The problem with most bikers is that it is too easy to get a something which doubles the speed limit, most are a risk to themselves and other people.

Bikers dont obey filtering, you are only allowed to overtake on the right, not on the left and youre not supposed to weave.

Im not saying every biker is bad, but i am saying most are, im sure there are exceptions GR but unless im proved otherwise my view wont change.

Why do you think they are trying to intimidate you? I think thats just paranoia. Do you really think they are all out to pick on you!?

:D

The flashing of lights, pulling up next to my bumper, dropping back, then pulling back up etc. etc. Sometimes one overtakes and slows done so its like a sandwich. So afraid im not paranoid, i laugh, must be to do with that tight leather..

clio 20v

bikers ride round wiv there lights on to be seen, plus if i had a bike i wouldnt wait in traffic, cars just become mobile chicanes, and theres almost neva room to overtake on the right unless you move over for them which weneva i hav done so i almost evry time get a wave of thanks

but they must be crazy i wouldnt hav a bike id lose me licence plus a crash in a car ur more than likely to get out without a scratch cant say the same for bikes seen a few bad crashes