ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid tyre question...

Ok, bit of a newb question from someone who should really know but...

Can I get away with fitting a 205/45 tyre to a rim that's reported as being 195? (16")

It's within the +/- 2.5% recommended tolerance acording to mytyres.co.uk.

Just wondered if anyone has done it, as i have the option on some Exalto's to replace my very worn conti sports!

What with are cup turini's?

I'm running Eibach Pros now Mark so shouldn't be an issue with rubbing I would of thought.

clio 16v
definetly wont be a problem

My 17's have had 195,205 and 215 througout the time I've had them

(they were supposed to have 205)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Can I get away with fitting a 205/45 tyre to a rim that's reported as being 195? (16")

Your wheels aren't 195, that's your tyre size. Your wheels are 7" wide. You can safely and legally fit 195, 205 or 215 tyres to 7" wide wheels. But wider than standard tyres stick out further each side of the rim and may rub when you turn the wheels to full lock. Since the later models came with 205s on the same wheels they should not be any problem.

al

ST on the way...
Shouldn't be a problem at all.

On a MK2 PH2 172 205's only rub ever so slighly when pushing hard on say a roundabout :)