ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub-£100 dual action polishers

Clio182
I’ve been looking at dual action polishers and have watched a load of YouTube vids and read a lots of reviews. The DAS-6 PRO seems to be the one which is highly recommended, but do I really want to spend £115 on the machine and then another £30 or so on pads, backing plates....?

There seem to be quite a few available for the £60 mark. For my needs - very domestic - really just wanting to remove all the swirls on my black gold 182 - will this be enough? I’ll be using it extensively once but then maybe nothing for another year.... who knows?!

Any comments gratefully received, along with experiences of having bought and used one.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I’ve been looking at dual action polishers and have watched a load of YouTube vids and read a lots of reviews. The DAS-6 PRO seems to be the one which is highly recommended, but do I really want to spend £115 on the machine and then another £30 or so on pads, backing plates....?

There seem to be quite a few available for the £60 mark. For my needs - very domestic - really just wanting to remove all the swirls on my black gold 182 - will this be enough? I’ll be using it extensively once but then maybe nothing for another year.... who knows?!

Any comments gratefully received, along with experiences of having bought and used one.

mate you’ll be much better of in the long run investing in the DAS6 pro. Any machine sub £100 will be s**t. Even when used by a hobbiesthey still take a bit of a beating.

it really is a case of buy cheap buy twice.

if you buy decent lads they’ll last ages and once you’ve corrected the paint any polish you use will be just to give a nice slick shine every now and then.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Got amazing results with my £20 argos da

Technique over tool

IMG_20190830_174630.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I have a DAS 6 pro but I think I would get the Argos DA when it is on offer if I was only wanting to have a go at improving the paint.

Also with Black Friday coming up I am sure there will be reductions on DA's

Clio182
I have a DAS 6 pro but I think I would get the Argos DA when it is on offer if I was only wanting to have a go at improving the paint.

Also with Black Friday coming up I am sure there will be reductions on DA's
Fancy selling your DAS-6 PRO?! :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got the shinemate which was the cheapest cleanyourcar had when my PC went up in smoke. I think it was sub £100, big benefit for it was the lack of weight, its perfect for doing vans and bigger motors as its so light!

Clio182
Just struggling to understand why you need a fairly expensive one if you're a newb
I think that’s what I’m getting at! I do try to buy decent kit. There’s that expression: “buy cheap, pay twice”. I only really want to buy one machine, not get something now which turns out to be rubbish and have to buy a decent one later.

Clio182
Ive got the shinemate which was the cheapest cleanyourcar had when my PC went up in smoke. I think it was sub £100, big benefit for it was the lack of weight, its perfect for doing vans and bigger motors as its so light!
The cheapest ShineMate on CleanYourCar is now £139.95 - so more expensive than the DAS- PRO!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
A tip for when you do get one... Put a black marker pen line on the back of the backing plate so that you can tell it's spinning.

A lot of beginners tend to make the mistake of putting too much pressure on the machine and this just stalls the pad, basically it just ends up vibrating on the bodywork.

You only need enough downward pressure to keep the pad flat to the panel.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I think that’s what I’m getting at! I do try to buy decent kit. There’s that expression: “buy cheap, pay twice”. I only really want to buy one machine, not get something now which turns out to be rubbish and have to buy a decent one later.

Mate I’m not being funny but a DAS6 pro is like £115 brand new off eBay. It’s not exactly mega expensive and it will last for decades if you’re only going to use it every now and then. And if after using it you decide to sell it you’d easily get £90 back for it.

If the cost of pads and polish is putting you off I’ve got s**t loads I don’t use any more and I’ll be happy to send you some for free if you want them.

Clio182
Mate I’m not being funny but a DAS6 pro is like £115 brand new off eBay. It’s not exactly mega expensive and it will last for decades if you’re only going to use it every now and then. And if after using it you decide to sell it you’d easily get £90 back for it.

If the cost of pads and polish is putting you off I’ve got s**t loads I don’t use any more and I’ll be happy to send you some for free if you want them.
Hi mate - thanks for the reply. I think you’re right to grab me by the shoulders and give me a shake! Easy to get obsessed about paying this amount or that, when the difference isn’t all that big. If you’ve got any pads going begging I’ll happily pay postage and pop a beer voucher in the post?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Hi mate - thanks for the reply. I think you’re right to grab me by the shoulders and give me a shake! Easy to get obsessed about paying this amount or that, when the difference isn’t all that big. If you’ve got any pads going begging I’ll happily pay postage and pop a beer voucher in the post?

PM me your address and I’ll send you some pads and a few various grades of polish 👍