ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me find my next Machine Polisher?

Clio F1 197 Cup
Hey guys,

So, I've been using the DAS 6 Pro Plus for a couple of years now and I love it- its an awesome machine and has served me well. I run it with 5.5" Chemical Guys pads and that suits me nicely. Seems to have enough poke where needed and the pad doesn't tend to bog down too much. Taking into the account the not so crazy price and I'm really pleased with it.

What I am looking for now is something a little smaller that I can use on the more intricate areas like wing mirrors, door pillars, bumpers etc. and something I can use for spot repair when working on individual scratches, stonechips or the such like. I figure something with a 3" pad size or less would be a good option and in all honesty, the Rupes iBrid Nano looks so incredible, but I don't think I can justify spending that much money on it considering that could pay for my water pump and cambelt next year.

Rupes do make this, which looks like a good compromise compared to the Nano, small, not as pricey, but still pretty steep, but looks a good piece of kit:
http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/rupes-lhr75e-bigfoot-random-orbital-standard-stn-kit.php?cPath=71

Or it seems Vertool make what looks like a carbon copy but a lot more wallet friendly, I believe this was commissioned by CleanYourCar (?) and I presume the price suggests a lower quality machine?
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...-12e-mini-dual-action-polisher/prod_1565.html

Alternatively, I could go the route of the Rotary, which is slightly scary, but appears to be very useful for technical areas and spot repairs being able to drop down to a 1" pad. Shine Mate have an option which appears to be more consumer:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/shinemate-ep803-rotary-polisher-kit/prod_1651.html

Or a Flex Rotary which I believe is a little more on the professional side:
http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/flex-...-polisher-with-free-75mm-backing.php?cPath=71

So there we are, not really sure where I want to go, got four different machines at four different prices and could do with some advice!

Cheers,
Tom.

Clio 182, V8 Landy
I wouldn't be scared about a rotary, there are lots of horror stories but they are great polishers. It'd make a versitle tool for you as you can get anything from tiny spot pads to 6" pads. Could get an extension bar to if you felt you need it.

I've just been over my 182 with ShineMate pads, 80mm and 150mm.

Even a cheap rotary would do the trick but get one with soft start rather than the really cheap ones that spin up instantly.

RB Clio 182
Do the rotarys not shake your hands to bits like the da ones? Thats the only thing i hate about using my das 6 pro.

Clio F1 197 Cup
Do the rotarys not shake your hands to bits like the da ones? Thats the only thing i hate about using my das 6 pro.
From what I understand, the a rotary is a lot softer on the hand? Because it isn't oscillating there's less vibrations? I can only use my DAS for up to about 4/5 hours before I get the phantom vibrations after I stop using the machine!!

I wouldn't be scared about a rotary, there are lots of horror stories but they are great polishers. It'd make a versitle tool for you as you can get anything from tiny spot pads to 6" pads. Could get an extension bar to if you felt you need it.

I've just been over my 182 with ShineMate pads, 80mm and 150mm.

Even a cheap rotary would do the trick but get one with soft start rather than the really cheap ones that spin up instantly.
You make a good case, it would be something versatile and different to what I already have... Do you mind if I ask what machine you are using? Can you recommend it?

Clio 182, V8 Landy
I've never used a DA so can't say but I don't get any phantom vibrations as you say, it's plenty smooth enough. I've used rotary polishers for whole days back to back before now whether at home or my old job.

I've only got a cheap Silverline machine at home which I wouldn't recommend lol. It lacks soft start but I'm used to feeding it in. It's also not very ergonomic, but it was cheap. I've used some nice professional ones in the past for work but the brand escape me.