ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub & amp fitting to factory head unit help

Clio Extreme 2 1.2L
Hello all, I've just had the fitter bloke from halfords out to fit a sub with amp (not lazy, just haven't got the tools :p), and he said that because I have the factory default head unit on my 03clio extreme 2, it didn't have a certain port. I think he said I need an RCA out adapter, but I wasn't sure as it was broken English. We both went to halfords but they didn't have what he needed, so he said get it online, then book it again with him. What is it I need?? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

2007 clio dynamique
250796499656 this is what you need maybe find one a bit better quality but they all work the same , what amp are you using just out of curiosity ?

Clio Extreme 2 1.2L
What's the number? It's not letting me open it or anything... And it's a mutant sub & amp, £99 from Halfords, not the best I know but money is tight at the moment lol

Clio 172 cup,
You can get a FLI in line audio converter, which allows you to take an audio feed from your rear speakers instead of the head unit, I did this on a ph1 before and it was a pretty neat setup, thus eliminating the need for an rca out feed.

Clio Extreme 2 1.2L
I suggested the fli thing as well, but apparently that's not a very good option. Thanks anyway though mate!

2007 clio dynamique
The fli thing would work ok but you may get abit of interference etc if you type low to high converter in ebay it will show what you need

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Some people just want the OE look. I'm always tempted to do this, pretty sure you can get amps with speaker input connections though. Isn't it called a high pass filter or am I thinking of something else.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
As much as I understand wanting the OE look, the OE headunits are awful ! You won't be able to cut the low stuff to the door speakers, so it'll just sound terrible, surely ?!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Depends on your amp. If you're using a good amp then all the headunit is doing is providing the sound signal - you can use the amp to cut the frequencies being supplied to each speaker and sub so it will sound much clearer and louder.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
He's not mentioned (in either identical thread?) about changing speakers ?!

Another thread suggests 6x9s which is the worst idea assuming the sub is in the boot...

2007 clio dynamique
They dont sound that bad tbh i had mine fitted for ages and because i could turn the bass on the speakers to -9 it helped the standard system alot but you are right to do it properly you need a new headunit as the standard ones are crap

Your not far from me man, and I'm selling an after market headunit I had in my Clio if your interested? ;) then you don't need to worry about cutting into cables. Drop me a pm

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
If you want to keep the OEM look, then install a cleansweep, this makes any original headunit sound like a good aftermarket.