ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub & Amp through original HU

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

^^

If I get my self a boxed amp and sub can I wire it into the standard head unit ive got in my mk 2 clio?

Thanks, Saner

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

ack.

The only reason I want to keep the original HU is so that it still displays the track info on the digital didplay built into the dash.

Anyway I can chage the HU but keep this little feature? :)

Thanks, Saner

Halfords do them (autoleads make em) and if you get a sony or various other makes one you can keep the display aswell as the controls

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Right then, now all i need is to figure out which companies do that compatibility, buy the stuff and then install it. If only I had more money

Saner
PS: Didnt there used to be a list in this forum of which comapnies offered the leads to use the stalk and screen?

[Edited by Saner on 06 May 2004 at 8:15pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Saner on 06 May 2004

PS: Didnt there used to be a list in this forum of which comapnies offered the leads to use the stalk and screen?
there did at one point, but this has since become almost useless as all companies have released their new range for 2004, making the old list redundant

most, if not all major ice companies now offer stalk control and display compatability

same thing...:D

ive had to order one from Halfords its an

AUTOLEADS PC9-501

but they had to fone Autoleads because it wasnt in the books.

an you also get instructions on how to get the dash off (the cable plugs into your headunit then up to the back of the dash display) its pretty easy. just a set of Torx drivers.

You might do just as well ordering direct from Autoleads 0800 7839125 or give their technical line a call 01420 470618

In my first foray into the world of ICE I bought a purple Boss amp which came with a wiring kit that would allow you to take the signal from standard speaker outputs on the HU to convert to RCA ie no need for pre-outs as standard on HU. Hope that helps.

Sorry for hijacking this, but Ive got a query regarding outputs from the standard headunit.

Ive got an amp sitting in the garage currently not being used - is there any way I can send a signal from the standard headunit to the amp? I presume the standard headunit doesnt have any RCAs. I cant afford a new headunit (and would rather keep the standard one - whole dash looks good with it IMO). Monkey45, can you explain a bit more about converting speaker outputs, etc.??? Thanx.

Quote: Originally posted by AGMitch on 07 May 2004

Monkey45, can you explain a bit more about converting speaker outputs, etc.??? Thanx.
To be honest mate I always had RCAs so never used this lead or worked out how it does its magic. Ill have a look when I get home to see if Ive still got it somewhere. Would have been about 7 years ago, mind! So it might just sit in the corner mumbling to imaginary friends and wetting its pants! :eek:

WTF are hi-inputs?! I think Ill consult the amp tonight and investigate. I think Ive heard them mentioned before - AFAIK the SQ isnt as good with hi-level inputs, is it?

Help required!

Quote: Originally posted by AGMitch on 07 May 2004

WTF are hi-inputs?! I think Ill consult the amp tonight and investigate. I think Ive heard them mentioned before - AFAIK the SQ isnt as good with hi-level inputs, is it?

Help required!
True

better to run it off a high voltage Pre amplified output, pure sound straight from source !!

Thought that. Just sold my Alpine HU, had loads of RCAs, sounded sweet when amped with RCAs.

Anyone help with hi-levels???