ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sub box design heeeeeelllllppppp

taylor said:
i really need some help designing a twin sub box

put them to a angel on either side facing the middle with the ampo built in the middle of the box so its all flush, good if you have a sexy amp and subs,

i have a pheonix gold amp thats carbon fibre and the badge is back lit in blue and looks pure sexuall.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
im not bothered about it looking good lol its for a one off SPL comp. so it needs to be as loud as it can be hehehe

i have 2 15" subs and a amp for each

does any one no about sizes and post holes etc?

133/225/CLS AMG
Probably easier to order one already mate. You'll get a twin 15" sub box no problem, generally you need to measure out the exact size to get the volume of air in the box correct.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
lol yeah this is the whole thing, im trying to prove lol,
the bf is away so im showing him i can do it :D

Exige S1 + Honda S1
whats subs/amps do you have?

best thing to make is a box big enough to sleep in with a slot port.

make two seperate chambers for each sub and seal it very well, it needs to be strong enough to jump up ad down on with no flex. so 15/18mm mdf is a must. where are you based/?

Exige S1 + Honda S1
bit far for me, otherwise i would of helped.

they are good subs/amps. make sure you have good cables with the right gauge, dont want any fires!!

but you would be lucky to fit the right size box into the clio, you will have to fold the seats down to make it big enough, with a port.

vibe should have recommended sizes on thier websites, i know kicker do, they are good for a guide.

Exige S1 + Honda S1
this is what u will want to make>

SubBox.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
something like that... its just for a 1 day event, i think im just goin to bodge sumit together and cross my fingers lol... will cable set on fire in 30 seconds???

Exige S1 + Honda S1
with enough power going through it, about 3 seconds.. lol

if you have 3kw going throuhg 200w cable, its a lot of effort to get it right for just one day?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i need a project to take my mind off him being away lol , i was just goin to throw it all in, hope for the best, goin to have a route round 2 nite see wot cable i can find, thing is i dont even no what im looking for lol, also how do i make the subs and amps talk to each other lol

1.6 focus zetec....
Lol fair play to the wench for having a go.... The best person to ask of here is dink, he's good with audio!!

Kiza

If you've got £35 quid to spend then speak to EFMAX about doing a box! He might do a quick turnaround! Seems a lot just for the day though, but should be fun :p

A Euro'd one...
White16valver said:
If you've got £35 quid to spend then speak to EFMAX about doing a box! He might do a quick turnaround! Seems a lot just for the day though, but should be fun :p
Exactly what i was going to post! Speak to the good Doctor and he'll help you to get the best box designed for the subs.

Polo + Micra
philthy said:
with enough power going through it, about 3 seconds.. lol

if you have 3kw going throuhg 200w cable, its a lot of effort to get it right for just one day?

power has nothing to do with cable size it's all about the current & volt drop

it's going to be hard to built a box. sealed is easy but ported spl box takes a lot of work.

muz

big fat japanese bus
2 15s boxed will struggle to fit in a clio!

If however you just wanted something that looked good but might not be perfectly tuned you could go sealed (If the vibe subs can work in a sealed enclosure)