ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sub box instalation

yeah its on the standard floor, at the moment its just lay down (cone pointing upwards) so the weight is holding it in place for now lol

not bolted mine down incase i need to get at the spare wheel, just strapped it down nice n tight with bungees not moved an inch since

i bought the exact same box, and used the "sloping back" as the bottom, so the sub is tilted upwards at you as you open the boot

Ive got the same box as well. At the moment its sat on the flat bottom with the sub facing backwards out of the boot.

Can anyone advise the best way for the best sound? Should the speaker be turned so it is facing INTO the car more?????

Ive bought some Velcro which is self adhesive on the back, hopefuly this will hold it in place!

One with a few more

for a clio, the sub firing slightly up into the boot window is a good position, though mine is firing into the side and does brilliantly SQ wise.

DO NOT use velcro. It must be bolted somehow. If yu crashed, youre screwed coz someone WILL get hurt with a subbox that weighs a fair few pounds flying into the seating area of the car.

Its something that has been tested, and yes, they can fly throught the rear seats with enough force they move forward and it continues past them

Nike Lunar Elite's

It doesnt make a fat lot of difference where the sub is pointing as bass in non-directional

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by hydeyho on 31 May 2005
It doesnt make a fat lot of difference where the sub is pointing as bass in non-directional

it does make a difference but not to the soundstage

One with a few more

Thanks Dink :) hydeyho, i do know what im talking about. Ive done enough installs to know that it can make a difference. In certain cars it makes more difference than others

133/225/CLS AMG

I actually cut a piece of MDF, carpeted it and bolted my amp to it. Made it the right size to stop the amp moving left and right as the mdf.

Kinda like a false floore that just holds everything in place.

Nike Lunar Elite's

Quote: Originally posted by clairesclio on 31 May 2005
Thanks Dink :) hydeyho, i do know what im talking about. Ive done enough installs to know that it can make a difference. In certain cars it makes more difference than others

I never said you didnt know what you were on about