ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub help

Monaco 172
Bought a new headunit and sub for my car an alpine 102ri headunit and a Vibe CBR12 V2 got the headunit fitted and working no problems there, when it came to the sub i have it all wired in remote, ground, 12v, input from the Headunit but there just seems to be nothing coming from it atall, any help/advice is appreciated.
thanks.

Clio 197
The headunit itself will have a sub on/off or a remote on/off within the menu's, is this switched to on if not that is your prob...;)

Monaco 172
I did have a look around in the menu's for that and changed the sub to on but i didnt see anything for a remote on/off.

Fabia vrs tdi
hello paddy i have the same sub as you

when i first fitted it i couldnt get it to work it turned out to be faulty i sent it back and got a new one but i think thats rare to happen with them

is it def wired up properly lol got your fuses in and they aint blown ?

would put my sub in my new clio but its just too heavy plus my dog site in the boot now

hope you get it workin mate

Monaco 172
Im going to go over all of the wiring tomorrow in the light. I temporarily ran the 12v down the same side as the input until i knew it was working, would this make a difference?

Fabia vrs tdi
shouldnt make a difference would just coz interferance

its very strange there is no sound at all coming from it, is the light on the back of it red and are the blue lights on when inside the port holes ?

if the lights are on inside the port holes at least you know you have power and if the red logo is lit up on the back up the sub it should be working

Fabia vrs tdi
i think the red light at the back of the sub is meant to stay off if its on its a sign that somethings wrong but mines stayed on constant and worked fine

its the lights inside the port holes that should be on to iluminate they wee mad face inside the thing

Monaco 172
No lights in either places, if i could be cheeky enough to ask is there anyone that could make a list of all the basic things i should check etc as i have never done this before and im hoping to get it sorted tomorrow.

vaux cavalier
Check power supply....
1, Check for 12v on battery feed at amp....Use amp earth terminal then chassis earth as earthing for multi-meter....
2, Check for 12v on remote feed at amp, (Head Unit ON)....Use earth sites as above....

If 12v indicated on all checks, then check any onboard fusing of the amplifier....

If amp still not powering up then send it back....

Monaco 172
Update: Got it powered up and working partially, by partially i mean very low vibrations and it doesnt seem to kick, Occasionally it would start to kick and soon stop again any more help as im desperate to get this going :(

Mini Cooper S
Maybe if you had less y's in your username you could spend more time searching on here, rather than spending time typing in your username :p

In all seriousness, just crosscheck everything. Make sure all of your wires are connected etc...earth is done properly. Maybe replace the fuse if you've got a spare, may have blown it? If none of that fixes it...send it back and get a new one!

www.talkaudio.co.uk will be a better site for help.

Fabia vrs tdi
will be the phono leads then, make sure the gold connections are tightened fully mine were lose when i got them

Monaco 172
I think it is down to the sub itself as we connected up my friends sub and that worked fine, i will be sending it back for a refund and look into getting somthing else. thanks :) and i like my YYYYYYY's ;)

Fabia vrs tdi
hmmm oh well lol how much did you pay for it ? i might conisder selling mine seein as i aint sold the car its in yet

Monaco 172
I payed £129 with a wiring kit, if you were to sell yours when i got a refund i would most certainly be interested.

CLIO PH1 172
havnt read all the above but, double check the earth you must have a good earth connection with an amp other wise itl be no good i had trouble with the amp in my old clio with this, also blew a fuse when installing didnt even know how so double chek that as well really..

RS 182 TROPHY (T4 PHY)
make sure ur amp is meaty enough to power the sub, i have a £350 JBL and my amp way £600. Avoid cheap shitty packages they dont last and vibrate the air too much causing rattles in ur motor

ALSO ensure an excelllent earth...one most common problems is a bad earth or mismatched sub and amp

Monaco 172
It is a vibe CBR12 active sub so i assume matching the sub and amp isnt a problem and in regards to the earthing issue a friends was tried in my car with no problems.