ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub making things rattle - Help plz

Arctic Blue 182
Hey all,
My sub is making the interior light assembly thing where rearview mirror is make a horrible vibration.

I can stop it by putting my hand on it but would like to know if anyone else has found a discrete fix for this prob.

And no not Gaffer tape ftw :)

Quite impressed because that seems to be the only part on the inside that vibrates !

Titanium 182
Mount your sub on bungee cables in your boot so it's "floating"

Or turn the bass down.

Get some dynamat, About £25. Take the light houseing out and put dynamat on the bare surfaces of the inside. Might sort the problem.

Also if you get the £25 pack from halfrauds you should have enough to do some of your boot.

RS 172
is it ported?

I have a small sealed box, sound very nice. i dont like it load though. so probably why i dont ever get the vibe problem..

mx5
I had exactly that, what i did was to do one ring of black insulation tape around the edge of it (so that it cant be seen when the unit is clipped in)

This stopped my rattles from there completely, looks standard and only cost 99p

Arctic Blue 182
I had exactly that, what i did was to do one ring of black insulation tape around the edge of it (so that it cant be seen when the unit is clipped in)

This stopped my rattles from there completely, looks standard and only cost 99p

So the gaffer tape wins again.

Rofl :)

mx5
lol it works

im not sure how effective soundproofing would be? cos the rattle on mine was caused by the unit rattling agains its surrounding, so surely it would still vibrate even if above it was sounproofed?

Let us know how u get on mate

Arctic Blue 182
ChrisRJ that worked a treat m8. Wish I had asked sooner because this has been pissing me off for months now!

Thanks for the advice!