ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subwoofer advice

F82 M4
Hey folks,

After some advice if possible. I currently have decent front speakers in my MK4 Golf which sound absolutely great but they're lacking slightly in the bass department. I'm looking at buying a sub but wondered what is the best way to go. I don't have any rear speakers so if I put the subwoofer in the boot with the amp will it sound weird with the bass coming from behind? What about under seat subs, are they any good?

Any advice would be great.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Bass is omnidirectional mate so you won't tell it's coming from behind. Underseat subs are good, but if you want depth and volume then you'll need something bigger

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A sun in the boot and a decent set of components in the front is the perfect set up for every day use.

I have a vibe active sub and tbh it’s the best I’ve heard for the money. In fact it’s phenomenal. And it’s so good I’m removing it from the box and having a custome box made for my car as I can’t find anything as good value £ for £.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
In a MK4 Golf you’ll want one in the boot, unless you have two underseat subs.

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197

I'm not sure if there's anything similar out there these days but I have this in the boot of the Clio and it's great, much much better than a Under seat sub, but being only 2 inches tall you really don't loose any boot space at all.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
A sun in the boot and a decent set of components in the front is the perfect set up for every day use.

I have a vibe active sub and tbh it’s the best I’ve heard for the money. In fact it’s phenomenal. And it’s so good I’m removing it from the box and having a custome box made for my car as I can’t find anything as good value £ for £.

Careful doing that, it may go from sounding great to sounding awful. Each sub has it's own requirements for box size, port length etc. Just mashing a box together to fit in a certain place without considering the sub specs can be a massive waste of cash

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Careful doing that, it may go from sounding great to sounding awful. Each sub has it's own requirements for box size, port length etc. Just mashing a box together to fit in a certain place without considering the sub specs can be a massive waste of cash
Hence why I’m having a custom box made my friend. Internal dimensions and port lengths to match the box the sub came in but also fits in to the place where I need it to go.

F82 M4
Thanks so much for the help folks, really appreciate it! :D

I've currently got Audison K6 Voce front components and the amp is in the boot, all professionally installed (they did a great job!) and they sound great. I reckon a nice sub in the boot will just top it off nicely.

@Daniel do you know the model of the Vibe one you have mate?

Thanks again chaps

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks so much for the help folks, really appreciate it! :D

I've currently got Audison K6 Voce front components and the amp is in the boot, all professionally installed (they did a great job!) and they sound great. I reckon a nice sub in the boot will just top it off nicely.

@Daniel do you know the model of the Vibe one you have mate?

Thanks again chaps
No sorry mate. It’s about 20 years old. 😂

It’s this one;

787D87BB-E62E-408B-9249-FF1469727C69.jpeg

F82 M4
Looks a monster! 😂

I'll have a look at some this weekend. I just couldn't tell if it would sound weird if there were no rear speakers or 6x9's. I'm glad it should still be spot on