ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subwoofer and MOT

Hi, just wanted to ask what everyone does with their sub for their MOT? Do you just leave them in or take them out? Does it really matter for an MOT? Can't imagine that it effects the test in anyway, apart from maybe getting at the spare wheel in the boot?

Cheers!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
doesnt matter. most MOT stations dont check the spare wheel, altho they are ment to. if your worried, just disconnect it and take it out

1.2 16v clio
my whole boot is a sound system and i have no spare atall due to a battery bank and i haven't had any issues other then the mot tester being shocked

if you are paranoid just make sure the wires are safe and the subwoofer is secured so it doesn't move around in the boot

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Spare wheel isn't tested, a lot of cars don't even come with spare wheels anymore!