ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subwoofer "rattle" ???

'99 Megane Coupe
Hi guys, recently tried out a new setup, basically i have an 800w sub in a box in the boot, and today i removed the parcel shelf and put the 6x9's in the box also so its like o O o (6x9-sub-6x9) however since then, I have noticed at high volume there is a rattle coming from the sub as if it is loose, although it is not...any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks.

-C

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Buy a car which doesn't rattle BEFORE you put a noisebox in the boot.

edit: Just seen that you've somehow for some reason put 6x9s and a sub in the same box !? Am I reading that correctly !?

WTF ????!

'99 Megane Coupe
yeah, guys from college dare/persuasion, said it would look minted and to be honest is does! Even got some neons and stuff around it and it looks awesome, works well to quite a high volume, but at high volume not sure where the rattle is coming from...

that will sound like s**t and damage the 6x9s. I imagine the rattle is probably the magnet off either the sub or 6x9s has come unstuck, only when a deep bass tone is on by chance?

'99 Megane Coupe
everything works fine up to around 75% volume, then it is hardly noticeable unless you open the boot but there is a rattle on every beat at high volume, as if there is a tyre iron inside the box rattling slightly..

Rusty Cup
Thats exactly what I thought!! Surely if it looks good it must sound good! Right? ...

Fair play :) all jokes aside problems suck, if you whack you sub box and it doesnt rattle i would suggest you've toasted the sub (voice coil) which would mean new sub time. If it does rattle then clearly something is loose.

'99 Megane Coupe
Fair play :) all jokes aside problems suck, if you whack you sub box and it doesnt rattle i would suggest you've toasted the sub (voice coil) which would mean new sub time. If it does rattle then clearly something is loose.

Will do, thanks! Any ideas about insulating the box as a few people have suggested this to me? Not really sure what materials to use..