ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sucking noise on acceleration (video) & other issues

I've recorded a video of this weird noise I can hear on (hard) acceleration. Not the best video but I did it for the sound, not the picture. Hard to drive with a phone in my hand too - had to find a deserted country road to do it.

Can only hear this mystery noise since having my janspeed exhaust fitted. My old (standard) one was blowing so perhaps masking this noise. Does sound kinda cool but I'm sure it's not right. I did speak to danny at 519 but trying to describe the problem on the phone isnt ideal to get a proper answer!

[video=youtube_share;HhsF_lZgTOE]http://youtu.be/HhsF_lZgTOE[/video]

Secondly, my handbrake is now really high all of a sudden. I think my rear brakes must be on their way out? It was an advisory on my MOT ages ago and I haven't replaced the discs or pads yet.

Thirdly, on acceleration in 1st/2nd the car is really bumpy and it feels like vibration from the front end of the car. It's not a traction issue. Passenger driveshaft was replaced not long ago, drivers one wasn't damaged. Just had new rear shocks and new springs all round too. All mounts replaced recently. This has been an ongoing issue and nobody seems to know what it could be.

Last! The temperature gauge only goes up if the car is stationary. If i'm driving it'll sit on minimum or around the level in the video. I've driven for over an hour and it's not budged. Thermostat replaced quite recently

Car is an 04 plate 182, FF

Any ideas?

2004 clio 182
Ive got the same prob with my 182! So annoying, ive got a scorpion cat back and piper cross filter and thought it was the filter sucking but not sure now? My gauge only sits at 1/4, regardless of driving or stationary!

Leaking exhaust joint(s)?

Induction pipe loose not fitted correctly?

Air feed off standard airbox disconnected?

Thats the noise the exhaust makes?

:D

320d
My 182 makes exactly the same noise since I had my scorpion exhaust fitted. I think its an exhaust blow. Mine is definitely blowing. Its driving my up the wall. It sounds just like turbo whistle, it even sounds like a turbo spooling up.

If anybody solves the problem please PM me. I'll do the same if I sort it.

Leaking exhaust joint(s)?

Induction pipe loose not fitted correctly?

Air feed off standard airbox disconnected?

Thats the noise the exhaust makes?

:D
Would hope its all fitted correctly, wasn't that long ago and looked fine. Didn't put my foot down loads on the way home do didn't not ie the noise.

Have looked at any induction pipes I can see from the top of the engine and it looks ok! Why would an exhaust make that noise? Janspeed can have it back if it's designed to make a NA car sound turbocharged

Black SportClio 182
I have the same problem, and its gettng worse! i looked under my car yesterday and even seen water leaking from joint.

320d
Its exhaust related, mine didn't do it on the way to having my exhaust fitted and it did on the way back. I'm going to use some silicone based exhaust sealant and get it lined up straight and hopefully it will go.

If not then back to the drawing board. Actually I'd just get my cat and centre section modified into a sleeved or flanged joint so that way it won't leak.

I recon your airbox pipe has come off.

Will have a look at the weekend. Haven't had a chance to see under the bonnet in daylight this week. Not really sure where to look but I know where the airbox is so will start there!

I'll also have a good look around the cat - centre section join