ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suction pads for pulling out minor dents

Monaco Blue 172
any cop? there is a small dent under my wing mirror that i'm trying to decide whether its worth repairing, for another dent elsewhere will surely appear!! :S

Punto/Clio GTT
if your feeling brave, drop the inner door lining off and try prise the dent out slowly with the back of a spoon or something rounded. otherwise just get it done by a dentmaster insted of fockin it up n havin to have the door repaired

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
You could try using something called a 'Dolly' (maybe called something else these days). They come in different sizes and are round at one end and flat on the other (so you can knock them with a mallet). You have to be gentle though, and give excellent results if you are careful.

Monaco Blue 172
Welsh Black said:
Tried on my parents car didn't make any difference at all.
i suspected as much! oh well saved myself £12 there ;)

i wouldnt dare have a go at bashing it out myself, it would doubtless end in tears. just getting the door lining off would try my patience lol

might take it along to the bodyshop if/when i'm feeling flush...

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
A dolly would be far to aggresive for PDR. They are excellent on damaged panels but they require the opposite side of the panel to be beaten which can lead to a distortion of the panel.
Give various size spoons a go. My old boy managed to get three decent sized dents out of his Mazda 6 bonnet. Worth a pop. Just don't go too far as you may need a pro' to finish it off.

Monaco Blue 172
i just cant even see how its happened in the first place, its right under the wing mirror :S

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
jooliona said:
i just cant even see how its happened in the first place, its right under the wing mirror :S

Is this dent the size and shape of a knuckle by any chance? The reason I ask is, some fucker has knuckled my bonnet twice and I noticed the other day that there are now three knuckle dents just above the passenger door handle. Some jealous idiot has obvioulsy just given her a punch on their way past! This could be how yours has happened.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
len_beach said:
A dolly would be far to aggresive for PDR. They are excellent on damaged panels but they require the opposite side of the panel to be beaten which can lead to a distortion of the panel.
Give various size spoons a go. My old boy managed to get three decent sized dents out of his Mazda 6 bonnet. Worth a pop. Just don't go too far as you may need a pro' to finish it off.

I agree that you really have to know what you are doing to use a dolly. I guess I suggested it as these are things I am really used to working with, even on small dents. I do agree that if you hit them abit hard it could well lead to the panel getting distorted, and this will indeed look worse, so maybe your spoon idea is a better way to go. ;)

Civic Type-R
I bought one of these suction pullers and it was rubbish. Unless its a totally flat surface it wont stick which is kinda pointless. Only way is to take the door card off and push it from the inside :) I think

Monaco Blue 172
DynamiqueDebz said:
Is this dent the size and shape of a knuckle by any chance? The reason I ask is, some f**ker has knuckled my bonnet twice and I noticed the other day that there are now three knuckle dents just above the passenger door handle. Some jealous idiot has obvioulsy just given her a punch on their way past! This could be how yours has happened.
could well be! i must admit i'm mystified. it was there when I bought it, other than that the car is in great condition so I let it go. but it is starting to bother me now lol. its definitely not a door prang i dont think as its too high up

Attachments

• dent (744 x 558).jpg
    dent (744 x 558).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 65