ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suggestions and a question

LY 182
Hey gang,

So as the weather is very nice right now, seems I really need 2 sort my act out and make sure I'm cleaning the LY regularly as it looks so good in the sun.

Firstly, quick question. What are you using to clean wash mitts and microfibre towels etc? I was using a Sonus product but I've run outta that and wondering what people suggest?

Other than that, I'm after some suggestions for the LY 182. Tbh since getting the LY I've only cleaned it several times in nearly a year's ownership, a true crime! I've always been restricted with what I can do, as I don't have access to an external tap so I can't snow foam. I did have a Megs G220 but sold it due to having no suitable space for working on the car with it.

There's so many products out there, I really don't know what to go for.

The car needs a good detail really, all the steps.

I'd like to try some new stuff, as well as using some of the stuff I've always used and found to be good.

Shampoo I still have a nice amount of Optimum stuff which I've found to be great to use. Could do with a new wash mitt, have used the Euro W mitt before so probably just stick to that. Drying towels I really like the the PB luxury drying towel so will stick with that. Other than that I'm fairly keen to get ideas / suggestions on what to use. Could do with a new clay bar, and I'm thinking of trying out Iron X as it seems to be raved about. Pretty sure I'm out of Bilberry, so could try something new for the wheels. I really like the look of the Jeff's stuff, and it seems dead easy to use? I will need to polish by hand sadly, I have some Mezerna 203s already so could just use that by hand or would something else be better?

I fear I'm rambling on a bit now so I'll leave it there. Suggestions would be larvely and much appreciated! :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can you break down what it is you would like to know? I'm confused.

Oh and you need the acrylic kit not the carnuba. It'll make the flake pop like crazy, see my recent thread on the gold.

LY 182
Thanks for clarying I need the acrylic kit, lol! Which recent thread do you mean?

Okay let me try and be more specific, I was definitely rambling...

I'll break it down by process and what I have used, may use again, what I need, etc...

- Wash stage. Standard 2bm w/ Optimum shampoo. Probably gonna buy a new Euro W wash mitt.
- Wheels. Pretty sure i'm out of Bilberry. So either get some more of that, or open to suggestions on alternative similarly priced products.
- Clay. Definitely gonna need a good clay and rid of tar etc from the winter! Maybe just get the Megs clay kit w/ QD. Perhaps grab some Iron X to assist with this?
- Polish. I can't use a machine due to not having a suitable environment. Hand polish with Menz 203s?
- Seal / protect / wax. Hoping this can all be done via the Werkstat acrylic kit?
- Windows / glass. Maybe some AG fast glass or some G1?

I've got other bits like tyre dressing, interior stuff, polish for exhaust etc. Have I got everything covered? Hope this makes a bit more sense lol.