ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suggestions please, bonnet vent needed

Volvo S60 T5
As above, dont want it looking barry and has to go at the front of the bonnet to allow TB's to breath.
I was thinking subaru vent any other suggestions.

P.S. 30 bhp gain to be had with this:eek:

M2 Competition
Cut a set of large holes in the front of the bonnet, and fix black mesh underneath. Im thinking inch big holes in a row or similar

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
ive thought about a small scoop just by the intake of the inlet manifold, but wouldnt you end up with a load of water in the engine when it rains?

J

Jim NM

With regard to bonnet venting you should beware as it can have an adverse effect.
Designers take into account the airflow through the grill etc for optimum required temperatures therfore if you dabble with the air flow you could either result in over cooling which will not bode well for optimum performance.

I do realise that designers can get it wrong however, modern car design technology is much better now than say 15 to 20 years ago when they designed the R5GTT which is litterally a hot hatch in all respects. (One eye on the temp gauge and one on the road) LOL :)

M2 Competition
With regard to bonnet venting you should beware as it can have an adverse effect.
Designers take into account the airflow through the grill etc for optimum required temperatures therfore if you dabble with the air flow you could either result in over cooling which will not bode well for optimum performance.

I do realise that designers can get it wrong however, modern car design technology is much better now than say 15 to 20 years ago when they designed the R5GTT which is litterally a hot hatch in all respects. (One eye on the temp gauge and one on the road) LOL :)

He has tb's fitted though mate, so the air requirements from the engine are completely different to standard. Keep up! ;)

take your bonnet to a bodyshop and have some custom ones put in.

that way you can get the cool air to the areas of the engine bay that need it the most

Volvo S60 T5
Thanks for the info everyone.
Have decide to have a bash myself, will be cutting holes with black wire mesh behind the bonnet.
Circles per throttle body or long lines, yet to decide.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Think about plastic bags getting sucked in.

Think about when it pisses down with rain.

Ram-air seems like a good idea. Until it fills up with water.

ITB BG 182
Thanks for the info everyone.
Have decide to have a bash myself, will be cutting holes with black wire mesh behind the bonnet.
Circles per throttle body or long lines, yet to decide.
dont just put mesh behind it but some foam behind aswell making it thicker aswell because when it rains it will just go through the mesh an straight in to the TB's but with foam it will help to prevent some of this

J

Jim NM

bonnet vents will let the heat out and a aquamist system would help to cool tbs