ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suggestions?

Untitled.jpg
Here is my '09 1.2 Clio Extreme, and i can't wait to make changes to it. The only problem is, apart from alloys i have no idea what to do to it:tearsofjoy: Someone has told me not to lower it though, but i'm not sure... any ideas?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Out of interest, why the brakes? It's not as if a 1.2 will produce enough power for me to need better ones to stop it:laughing:

It's not about power, you still need to be able to stop

Being lower means you can carry more speed through the corners, good brakes means you can brake later and harder, good tyres means it'll stick better.

All of that means you'll have more fun than if you were to chuck neonz, stickers and badman tints at it.

And it won't make it looks like a kids car

It's not about power, you still need to be able to stop

Being lower means you can carry more speed through the corners, good brakes means you can brake later and harder, good tyres means it'll stick better.

All of that means you'll have more fun than if you were to chuck neonz, stickers and badman tints at it.

And it won't make it looks like a kids car
Well explained mate. Springs, brakes and tyres it is. :up:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'll be honest, I was going to go all out on the car before a few people set me straight. Still tempted to get the sport rear bumper, an black mirror to suit black rims I have in mind lol

The 197/200 rear bumper won't fit flush as the shells of the regular cars and RenaultSport models are different, the latter having wider rear quarters.

That said, the bumpers have been fitted before with a bit of persuasion.

Just looked at the pics you posted, 17" megane 'nervasport' wheels would look good on that

The 197/200 rear bumper won't fit flush as the shells of the regular cars and RenaultSport models are different, the latter having wider rear quarters.

That said, the bumpers have been fitted before with a bit of persuasion.

Just looked at the pics you posted, 17" megane 'nervasport' wheels would look good on that
I'll look them up, would 17" rims fit okay?

Listerine & Poledo
I wouldn't even do any of the above until you've had a crash-free year.

Get the license. Get some time on the road. No matter what you do to that car, it wont generate girl-boners and you wont be winning any retail-park races. So just stay alert, stay safe, get some mileage under your belt.

In a year or so, then think about ways to "personalise" your car. At that point, springs & wheels would be fine.

But you go slap some nice shiny rims on there now, I'd put money on at least 1 of them having a niiiiiiiice big kerb-hole in them within 6 weeks

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Knuckles was right, they do fit perfect:smile: Has yours been lowered at all or is that what it looks like at normal height?

That's on coilovers. Not slammed but lowered so that I still have travel in the shocks.
It gets abused on track but for the road it can be quite a trashy ride in all honesty. I'm debating going back to standard suspension and wheels.

I wouldn't even do any of the above until you've had a crash-free year.

Get the license. Get some time on the road. No matter what you do to that car, it wont generate girl-boners and you wont be winning any retail-park races. So just stay alert, stay safe, get some mileage under your belt.

In a year or so, then think about ways to "personalise" your car. At that point, springs & wheels would be fine.

But you go slap some nice shiny rims on there now, I'd put money on at least 1 of them having a niiiiiiiice big kerb-hole in them within 6 weeks
I've grown up driving on a farm, so I'm not your average learner, although I still won't deny the possibility Of marking them:laughing:

That's on coilovers. Not slammed but lowered so that I still have travel in the shocks.
It gets abused on track but for the road it can be quite a trashy ride in all honesty. I'm debating going back to standard suspension and wheels.
That bad huh? I'm definitely getting alloys of some sort to get the ugly plastic covered wheels out of the way, and I wanted slightly bigger rims to hide the god awful gap in the arches lol

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
It's not really bad. Just have to be careful with deep pot holes and it gets a bit harsh on bumpy roads. I've only considered swapping out lately due to trips to "remote" areas.

SQ5
I'll take your word for it, my first impression was just to be more aware of your surroundings, otherwise it was the same as before haha

Driving around a massive open field with no obstructions compared to tight roads and people coming towards you?

It's not about how you drive it's about what's going on everywhere else.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'll take your word for it, my first impression was just to be more aware of your surroundings, otherwise it was the same as before haha

Keep this in your head and you'll be fine.

"Absolutely every other c**t on the road is a f**king moron and trying to kill themselves."

They really are blinkered, selfish pricks and if you keep your wits about you, you'll be able to pick them out before they know they're going to crash into you.

It gets really funny, beeping them just before they go full r****d, it proper s***s them up.

Keep this in your head and you'll be fine.

"Absolutely every other c**t on the road is a f**king moron and trying to kill themselves."

They really are blinkered, selfish pricks and if you keep your wits about you, you'll be able to pick them out before they know they're going to crash into you.

It gets really funny, beeping them just before they go full r****d, it proper s***s them up.
you remind me of my driving instructor, who told me "the only good driver on the road is yourself"

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
you remind me of my driving instructor, who told me "the only good driver on the road is yourself"

Lol. It really is sound advice.

But you can seriously tell what some tossers are going to do before they do it.

It's got to the point where I get really bad road rage at people and my gf doesn't like driving with me lol. I can't stress enough how many of the general public are complete pricks

Lol. It really is sound advice.

But you can seriously tell what some tossers are going to do before they do it.

It's got to the point where I get really bad road rage at people and my gf doesn't like driving with me lol. I can't stress enough how many of the general public are complete pricks
You should buy a dash cam and upload your rage to YouTube, I know I would watch it lol