ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suitable Car Cover?

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Anyone got recommendations for a car cover to suit the Clio 172? It won't be outside, the 172 lives in my workshop and I do a lot of woodwork so there's pretty much always dust on it. I blow it off with the airline but I'm thinking I'd be best off covering it up. Any recommendations?

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks! Any compaints/issues or is it fine? Like I said theres no wind to contest with so scratches shouldnt be an issue.

Clio 172 (CUP)
I'm happy with it, secure, I believe breathable, not too harsh for the paint work, I'd buy it again.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I have the Halfords one, it fits the car perfect.
It will put fine scratches on if it is taken on and off regular or dragged across the car but unless you spend lots on a cover I think they will all be the same, I would have another one if mine got damaged.

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks! In the meantime I used some old bedsheets and they've done quite well!

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
You need a dust resistant, breathable, and soft. fabric.Cotton fits the bill perfectly and is what we have used in all last 37 years for our cover customers. Be cautious about the breathability claims for Chinese made covers- even the manufacturers cannot give you figures because they don't even know how to obtain them.