ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Summer/show wax.

@gally @Scrooge @Yellow Dave @Chapppers11 @aucky

Gents, what is your go to Summer/show wax these days? I was about to get a full pot of illusion coupled with a wax mate but thought I'd ask first.

The blue of the Zed doesn't respond to a quick going over with Reload as the old red Panzer used to, so need to go with something that adds as much depth on top of decent prep as poss.

Cheers.

P.s budget is what is necessary for something I'll use monthly May-Sept and last for years. And there's always here/Ebay if I don't get on with it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Illusion is still my favourite. Capture the rapture was close but as application wasn't quite as nice or easy it gets 2nd place. ODk glamour is supposed to be comparable to illusion but I haven't used it myself. That's coming from a friend that has both. Satsuma rock was very glossy and deep. Vics concours I still find a disappointment. Glasur is still good if you have any left. Raceglaze 55 is very good, thinks there's a 2nd hand pot on DW. Or black fire midnight sun?

Black fire is an interesting shout Dave.

I have Satsuma, glasur, 55 and vics... All are fine, just not "all that".

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Illusion is still my favourite. Capture the rapture was close but as application wasn't quite as nice or easy it gets 2nd place. ODk glamour is supposed to be comparable to illusion but I haven't used it myself. That's coming from a friend that has both. Satsuma rock was very glossy and deep. Vics concours I still find a disappointment. Glasur is still good if you have any left. Raceglaze 55 is very good, thinks there's a 2nd hand pot on DW. Or black fire midnight sun?
Interesting. I found it to be the other way round, Illusion seemed fussier to remove and didn't respond to well to a deep pile MF. I had to remove with a short pile.

And ordered from Matt at i4d with CS discount. Winner.

Nice!

Is Interlargos Blue a metallic or flat colour?

I was going to suggest Bouncers Vanilla Ice topped with Z8, now that does look nice on dark blue!

Interesting. I found it to be the other way round, Illusion seemed fussier to remove and didn't respond to well to a deep pile MF. I had to remove with a short pile.

Nice!

Is Interlargos Blue a metallic or flat colour?

I was going to suggest Bouncers Vanilla Ice topped with Z8, now that does look nice on dark blue!
Flat as far as I can tell... bad that I can't actually remember! That might be an idea, BOS followed up with Z8... I have some lying around somewhere. What do you think?
Christ, feel like a noob.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
BOS was a great shout for Summer. Lusso Oro is a favourite of mine. Blackfire is stunning to use, again doesn't last. Vantage I now love the more I use it, again it's not boutique or the most durable (I know that means nothing)

I wouldn't use Z8 over BOS, i'd want either a caranuba based QD or... done and dusted, seriously old boi, as far as QDs go it's the freeking s**t. I'm not easily impressed.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
if you want a glossy QD, then meguiars ultimate quick wax is one of the best I've used. Certainly on par with victoria QD and CG hybrid V7, gives pretty good water behaviour and that little added protection needed with these show waxes. Or go with Z field glaze

I know very little about swissvax waxes, but never heard of utopia till the for sale thread

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Speaking of Carnauba QDs, I have some Werkstat Glos in the garage. I've never used it, but you're welcome to try some.
As Gally says though, D&D is immense. (and the smell is..arousing!)

if you want a glossy QD, then meguiars ultimate quick wax is one of the best I've used. Certainly on par with victoria QD and CG hybrid V7, gives pretty good water behaviour and that little added protection needed with these show waxes. Or go with Z field glaze

I know very little about swissvax waxes, but never heard of utopia till the for sale thread

''Here ae the official specs on the wax. The price is 3499.- (norwegian kroner) witch is aprox 350£

• Concourse-wax including 50 Vol.% of pure yellow Brazilian Grade One Carnauba wax enriched with PTFE
• Creates an ingenious protection for your paintwork offering a "Teflon-pan-effect" thanks to which dirt and insects barely can't adhere
• Special development for Tommy Lund in Norway, one of the most famous automotive detailers in Scandinavia
• Proverbial easy application
• Prepare the paintwork with Paint Rubber, Quick Finish and Cleaner Fluid prior to the wax application

Swissvax Utopia is a modern and innovative system for an outstanding gloss experience combined with a PTFE protection that also makes experienced enthusiasts speechless with amazement. It was specially formulated for Tommy Lund, which is recognised around Scandinavia and abroad for his skills in preparing and protecting most cherished motor cars.
Its formulation includes a 50 Vol. % of pure yellow Brazilian Grade One Carnauba wax and is not only providing an outstanding gloss experience, as it was also enriched with non-stick PTFE in order to create an ingenious protection for your paintwork too. It is the first wax ever which provides gloss and protection with no compromise.
A wax container of 200ml is sufficient for 20 to 25 wax applications. A layer of “Tommy Lund’s Swissvax Utopia Wax” can last up to 6 to12 months. Due to its neutral coloration and its proverbial easy application, it can be used for all types and colours of paintwork.
Please notice, that before Swissvax Utopia is applied, the paintwork needs to be prepared with Swissvax Paint Rubber, Quick Finish and Swissvax Cleaner Fluid prior to the wax.

The special thing about this wax, is that it is the first one with a brand new clear PTFE, that do not kill some of the gloss and dept in the paintwork, like the brown PTFE that is used in the Shield wax.''

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
What harm would z8 do that D&D wouldn't?
Zaino z8 does no harm over any waxes,i asked zaino this via email and confirmed it is fine over any wax or sealant it will not degrade the wax but might alter the beading was the response i got if this helps

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Utopia sounds like a special edition Shield
It sorta is Dave. It's not going to move things along from the likes of shield or BOS that much. As we know know wax has kinda hit it's peak imo. In regards perfection anyway.

Z8 had a slight issue with being solvent heavy and could be detrimental to a conventional wax, Z2 is designed to work well with it of course but it's not made from wax so to speak.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Utopia sounds like a special edition Shield
Essentially yeah, But seeing as how Shield is generally regarded as being not too behind BOS for looks, a Shield with better looks is win-win for me.

I really wanted to buy that sample but I'm on holiday next week, probably much better spent there than on more wax I don't need :|

@aucky hated Glos and Jett carnauba. So fussy. Tiny amounts needed and no warmth what so ever. Just couldn't get on with it so chucked it on eBay for near enough my money back.

Kev @gally cheers buddy. I've used Z8 over Glasur and Natties before to good enormous good effect. Perhaps personal experience?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
@aucky hated Glos and Jett carnauba. So fussy. Tiny amounts needed and no warmth what so ever. Just couldn't get on with it so chucked it on eBay for near enough my money back.
On Das Panzer?
Odd, I had immense warmth from Jett on the Trophy. (about 5+ layers, mind)

On Das Panzer?
Odd, I had immense warmth from Jett on the Trophy. (about 5+ layers, mind)

The original sealant I went for pre C2V3 days. Perhaps application error but just never went back. Apologies, last post wasn't particularly appreciative off the offer! Thanks buddy!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If your ever across the border in Essex, ioclean in Southend stock a lot of the odk range including the small 50ml pots, I've got sterling to try. A friend loves there QD entourage.

There website is naff, but stock a lot more than shown online

Dan has a new wax in development iirc. Think it's a show wax!
If your ever across the border in Essex, ioclean in Southend stock a lot of the odk range including the small 50ml pots, I've got sterling to try. A friend loves there QD entourage.

There website is naff, but stock a lot more than shown online

So... Bought a 50ml Glamour too. Lol. Keen to try everything then will sell as necessary.

Illusion
Bos
Odk

One more. Thoughts?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah throw away any other QDs and order done and dusted mate.

Midnight sun is a nice luxury feeling wax.

Honda & VW
Yeah throw away any other QDs and order done and dusted mate.

I totally agree @gally its such a superb product, I currently have approx 13 QD's and this and Z6 are my main go to ones.

As far as waxes go @JD I can't comment on a lot of what have already been mentioned, but Illusion is fantastic on dark metalic paint from experience.