ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sump bolt size

what size are the bolts that hold the sump on? there's 21 of them i think. I don't fancy reusing mine, 2 of them have rounded off so going to need to cut the head off them on monday. I take it i don't use half a ton of silicone like someone else has on mine just the oem gasket?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Don't know what the size is but they are item number 4

Pt No - 7703 002 705
Price - £1.92 + vat each

2djxg08.png

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The thread pitch is m7x1 mate. Can't tell you the length though I'm afraid but I'd guestimate they're about 12-15mm long.

A bit of silicone at the gearbox and cambelt end would be fine. It's for where the main caps/front cover join the block. Other than that the oe gasket should be up to the job.

i guess i wont be buying them from Renault then at that price!

i've yet to get the sump off but so far i've got 19 bolts out and every single one of them covered in silicone and done up stupidly tight (felt like the heads were going to shear).

cheers both.

172 cup, Impreza P1
  172 cup, Impreza P1
cheers mate, sump arrived the other day much better condition than the one i have on at the moment... i do have some m7 25mm that i bought not so long ago so i'll give them a try.

Glad you got it ok. The M7's you have should be fine. :)