ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sump?

Car  182 Cup Inferno
Hi peeps,

Not sure if I have damaged my sump or not, I topped up my oil the other day as it said it was low (i do rag the car around a bit :o) but after I topped it up the other day I have twice noticed wet patches by the car today. I noticed one when I left work just now, but it started near the tyre, and another when I got back home which is near where I normally park my car.

If there was something wrong with the sump, i.e. a hole, would there be a regular occurance of "wet patches"!?

Also If I had to get a new sump would that be mega expensive?

Thanks

Nottie
 
i dont think i have i may be being paranoid.

i go over speed bumps all every day to get to work, but I would defo know if i hit one of those from underneath.
 
hmm ok, how do i get to that? im going to take my axles to work tomoz an have a look at what i can find

lol that is poss very silly question!
 
Last edited:
there's a plastic sump cover with a large round cover/plug in the middle, either remove that or remove the 4 x 10mm bolts holt the gaurd up

you'll need an 8mm square sump socket to check the plug
 
kk thanks fred, will have a look in ye olde tool box in morning!

also if theres a guard, would that mean i would have had to hit it seriously hard for their to be damage to the actual sump?
 
i dont really want to reading through previous posts just now about prices and stuff, i dont think i have a warranty on me car either, not that would be covered under it, i will ring and check anyway.
 
I think you'd probably know if you'd punched a hole in the sump mate.

As said it could well be the sump plug/washer or it maybe seeping out of a seal as you do in your own words "rag the car round a bit" lol

How much oil are we talking? (on the floor I mean) when you move the car?
 
well the one i saw just twenty mins ago when i got back from work, is on the road, and it could be anyones car as a lot of peeps park in the same place i do, but it was a fairly big patch, didnt smell too much of oil when i rubbed the floor. the other one i saw when i was about to leave work started by my tyre, so maybe some pisshead had a wizz against my car. lol

before i left work i checked the oil and the level was just under the top marker. i topped it up on sunday
 
oh christ thats worse! i dont use the aircon at all, my god that would cost millions to fix
 
Best thing will be to just check it every day until you can get it looked at properly. The sooner the better. Get it up on a ramp and clean off any shite from underneath and leave it running, see where the leak is coming from
 
When Alexs said they aircon . He means you usually get a small puddle of water / condensate on the floor . Thats normal mate .
 
okkk, i am going to keep an eye on my car, have a look in my lunch break or when the boss goes out for a meeting, then treat the car with the massive respect that it deserves!
 
Back
Top