ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sun fade or damage from stipes

Recaro + Cupped 182
Hi there

just about to put a deposit down on a Black/Gold 182, and the original owner has put some dark grey stripes over the car gordini style, if i removed them would the paint come with it and would there be any fade after just over 1 years old?

I cant make my mind up about them

Recaro + Cupped 182
thanks vey much, would there be any particular way to get them of to make it look as fresh as possible

Golf GTI PP Mk7
id be tempted to try heating them with a hairdryer then peeling them off, like, heating where ur peeling if u catch my drift, just to soften the glue.

R

Rebecca

lewisniven said:
id be tempted to try heating them with a hairdryer then peeling them off, like, heating where ur peeling if u catch my drift, just to soften the glue.

I would agree with that heating glue up on stickers does help, also take your time with it. It should polish out if there are any remaining lines.

me thought about this 1 b4 , will defo keep thinking about going back a stealth look ...heheehehehe

Punto/Clio GTT
really depends on how much its been weathered. if this cars been weathered quite a bit, not kept in garage, around trees a lot, maybe by the ocean, it will be a pretty significant stripe left behind. as the others have said though, aslong as the existing paintwork looks in very good nick and it polishes up like glass then it should be ok

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Ive not read the full thread,,, but if the car is from a dealer say i want them stickers taking off, if the paint flakes its not your problem !!