ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sun Roof Rattle - HELP!

ati

Clio Dynamique
hello all

i did a big bobo this morning, since i had the car the SR never rattled, this morning i pressed the button thinking was the light one and it made this noise like it was superglued to the seal anyway the SR went all the way to the back and than put it back in.

after 2 mins the SR started rattling, have i ruined the seal or is it just ice?

is there way to shut it up again.

this is an automatic SR, and need something long term and durable.

thanks

ati

Clio Dynamique
Coincidentally I've just seen this, would it help?

MK2 Sunroof Rattle Fix
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=208122

i keep getting this message

ati, you do not have permission to access this page.

anychance of pasting it in here or is it too big :)

i may have to arrange it to take it to renault to get it fixed, it was nice and quiet when it was open and closed till this morning when i pressed the button.

so annoyed with my self.

clio dynamique 1.6
i had the same problem with my sun roof, i have got rid of this now by pushing all the plastic that is around the rim in, put alot of pressure on it.

BMW M135i
Unfortunately you'll have to live with it, you can do something with the manual one but your skuppered with the electric one really. I wouldn't want to go wedging anything in it like you can with the manual one to stop the rattling.

ati

Clio Dynamique
hi bmh

its wierd, last nite coming back from work the rattle is gone, this morning was very icy and it def rattled again, even the steering wheel was squeeking a bit, as soon it got a bit worm the squeeking went, now i have this knocking problem when i acclerate. any ideas about that pleease.

PMD u by the way.

ati

Clio Dynamique
def seems like it, when i got it in sept it wasnt rattling at all, i hope i didnt make it worse when i opened it by accident when it was icy on mon.

i,m concerend also i used some deicer on my wind screen and rear screen and worried that it mess upthe paint and the bumbar colour (showing like oil marks if you know what i mean) i didnt have any water on me i wiped it of with some tissue but the oil stains still there in the bumbar may put some water on it this morning see if that takes it out and bumbar shine later.

any one knows if di-icer spray can damage paint work oranything if used.

thanks