ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sun shining time for a detail!

Malaman172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172
Gonna get on it now and detail my 172 nice and shiny for a sunday drive tomorrow lets see how it goes!

Malaman172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172
Started on the car at 2 o clockish finished up around 5! Will get some photos on tomorrow of the finished product! This is my first attempt at this sort of thing but goodness it makes you feel good when the car is finished! Had some tar spots which were a bit of a b*****d to remove using autoglym intense tar remover! Anyway got there in the end though!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Was thinking the same Aucky, Pics and a write up might help this thread.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
3 hours for a detail??

You should apply for a job at white details. He takes 3-4 days sometimes. It sounds like you could set the pace.

Malaman172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172
It was not a thorough detail just a very good clean decontaminate etc... Just waiting for photos to upload

Malaman172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172
20140309_092323_zpsg713vceu.jpg

20140309_092334_zps2tdfbmou.jpg

20140309_092414_zps33m52wba.jpg

Here's some pics not brilliant though taken this morning quite dull outside would look so much nicer in the sun!

Basically it was a de tar and then wash then iron out then wash then dry then clay bar then polish then carnuba wax

Last edited by a moderator:

Malaman172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172
In response to above the term "detail" can mean more than one thing! My detail in particular consisted of an external one therefore the detail was just the outside (paintwork and trim). I did actually give the tyres a rub with a sponge and then applied some autoglym tyre shine or whatever it's called was ok but nothing special really! For washing, decontaminating, polishing and waxing i used some auto finesse lather, iron out, clay bar with glide, tripple polish and finished off with desire carnuba wax. Also used imperial wheel cleaner and revive trim enhancer!

Looks great!

"A detail" is everything covered. You did some detailing. Nothing wrong with that.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Car looks great buddy. You did well to get all that done in 3 hours. I'm old and decrepit and it usually takes me all day to do mine.

182FF
Never 'detailed' a car, but i polish it once in a while!

100_1263_zpsc12496ea.gif

100_1262_zps0c2514a1.gif

100_1266_zps279229a8.gif

100_1268_zps2b9bf2da.gif

100_1270_zps5a639764.gif

Just a shame the kerb chewed my nearside front wheel the other day :banghead:

Not a 320d
Poor workman blames his tools iirc.

Looks good. its time to step up your game and look into spray sealants or wax and proper glazes and polishes.

Inb4 Tyre gel.