ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sun strip on track cars

Philip Griffiths

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Hi, just curious about peoples opinions on sun strips. The cars got a full cage so the sun visors no longer work. Do people use them and what’s they’re opinion on them.

I can’t decide if I like them, I get the practical side of them. But at the same time are they in the way to?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
I used a strip of window tint on the inside as a sun strip. Cuts down on sun glare while being able to see through it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Both mine have them. And my main one will have the solid black sunstrip it currently has, plus an extra 4-5 inches of tint come the spring. #blindedbythelight

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Never felt the need for them tbh. I think the only time I’ve had low sun in my eyes is early or late in the season, but most of my trackdays are in the late spring to late summer months. They look good though 😊

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
20211122_162850.jpg

I like fitting sunstrips to my cars. Saves me using the visors. Easily removed too if you don't like it

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I'd never liked them, but with no visors theres little choice, they work fine, plus their mandated livery for the race series.

I personally wouldn't want a branded one on a car that's not liveried up, so plain black as above looks fairly neat and unchavvy.

JonElsey2021750MCDoningtonClio-31.jpg

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Without
1641285235076.png

With
1641285525843.png

I'm 6'3, and the only problem I've encountered is at Brands where I have to look out the side window pre-paddock to check the run to druids is clear. Not an issue if your seat is bolted to the floor though.

I got it from Dogburtinos on ebay, they might have a clio stencil.

Philip Griffiths

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Thanks for your replies guys. Gonna have a good think about it. I do like idea of window tint. Best of both worlds then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
Mine has the Safety Devices cage in so I've lost all my sunvisors also!

Mines a bit thicker than some and never had any visibility issues (the odd time if I've gone too far forward at a set of lights bur that's it)

Also holds up well to regular use of the wipers etc!

I used a Satin Black generic strip off eBay and the missus made some lettering.

Attachments

• 2021-11-22_02-09-41.jpg
    2021-11-22_02-09-41.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 44