ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunflower needs to be painted -> Go LY ?

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
The sunflower is in the paint shop for a full respray but should i keep it original or go for the newer Liquid Yellow color ?
Your input please.:wink:

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
I can probably get it for the same price.
The clear varnish was completely gone on the roof, when trying to get it masked up they removed allot of the varnish from the car by just removing masking tape...
So a respray is pretty much the only thing to go for and get it properly sorted.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
My gut also tells me to go with the original color, these cars are even more rare here in the Netherlands than they are in the UK (arround 10 left on the road).
I have already invested a small fortune in this car, and the paint was one of the last things that let it down -> which as of this weekend will be sorted as well.
Its the best decision for my investment basically :up::wink:
I also asked for a better protection so it will be given an extra coat of clear varnish :cool:

The quality of the paint has also gotten a major upgrade since it was done by Renault 16 years ago so it will be allot more future proof as well.:up:

I went with a little twist though -> the V6 spoiler and the roof will be in Black Gold.

Last edited:

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
As above all yellow, will be minty fresh and you'll know you've made the right choice if/when you come to sell

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Made the change, entire car original color....except the V6 spoiler.
It has already been painted in BG few weeks ago and i like it makes the spoiler stand out allot more than normal.
Its already full of black details so it suits it nicely.

@ForceIndia -> thanks for this tip i can always try this if need be.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Unless it comes out looking like this;

image.png

image.png

image.png

Then it has to stay sunflower!

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Yep this it the one car that made me thought about it but to do it correctly a full strip down is going to be needed (engine bay etc.).
Come to think about it i actually prefer the sunflower color, its way more rare than LY.
Sunflower ph1 cars where only sold for about 8 months from what it remember 08/2000-04/2001 (please correct me if im wrong!).

The car is full of some unique touches (Meg 275 Red Brembo calipers and steering wheel for example).
Rarity and uniqueness = something i really really like and prefer.
Eventhough its a big pain in the ass sometimes because your doing things no one has done before -> even on here ! :wink:

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
I would rather have a ly ph1 than a sunflower so it depends whose in the market, ly is by far a better colour than sunflower.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Gorgeous :)

But yes calipers black and centre caps same colour as the wheels.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
That looks incredible, looks brand new. Bet you are really happy with that.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Yep really happy!:cool:
Did cost a pretty penny but absolutely worth it.

Regarding the calipers, i specifically bought the red ones (brand new btw). They really stand oud with the yellow. Just like on the yellow Mk3 Megane's !

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
The red color of the Clio 4 is basically the same als LY but then Red obviously.
From what it have been told its the same process as LY (4 coats).

RB Clio 182
That would look awesome with the side strips, door handles, mirror caps and spoiler etc yellow too, and the centre caps the same as the wheels.

I dont mind the brembo's but i agree that they would look better darker, maybe the same colour as the wheels with yellow brembo decals.

I would also remove the yellow tint off the fogs, he could have removed the arch screws before painting too.

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
looks lovely that does,
for me though it would be all yellow, silver wheels and yellow brembos.