ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunflower yellow, non sport, advice please!!!

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Morning all,
I have seen a rather tatty looking sunflower yellow non sport phase 1 for a couple of pennies, what are everyone's thoughts? Really want a sunflower but they just never pop up for sale, next best thing maybe? Not sure.
2340bf803022286175627cba40597668.jpg
cb0ee5afcb2a026eb6b2cb380655dee2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Its cheap, its a rare colour, and will probably need f**k loads of maintenance parts as quite unloved. Depends what you want i guess?

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Its cheap, its a rare colour, and will probably need f**k loads of maintenance parts as quite unloved. Depends what you want i guess?
I would imagine your spot on right about maintenance, i was thinking a little weekend project to mess around with, being a rare colour and all.
I have a serious itch for a sunflower, just slap a 172 front bumper and skirts on, lower it with some f1s and call the itch scratched, no need to drive it like, just stare at the sunflower goodness.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
The paint looks quite faded/oxidised, so will prob be a nightmare to match fresh paint against, and no doubt the bodywork will be full of dings and scuffs so to get it looking mint, will probably need a full shoot.

Prob easier to get a ph1 needing bodywork, and do a full shoot on it in sunflower yellow.

I quite fancied this as a runabout but too many cars as is, for me it would be do the service bits, quick clean up, wheels and lowering leave it at that.

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
The paint looks quite faded/oxidised, so will prob be a nightmare to match fresh paint against, and no doubt the bodywork will be full of dings and scuffs so to get it looking mint, will probably need a full shoot.

Prob easier to get a ph1 needing bodywork, and do a full shoot on it in sunflower yellow.

I quite fancied this as a runabout but too many cars as is, for me it would be do the service bits, quick clean up, wheels and lowering leave it at that.
I'm not too worried about the paint as I was a detailer before my career change so I'm thinking a full course of wet sanding and a correctional mop will bring it back to life, hopefully[emoji1787] Like you say though if its scuffed and dinged then it's a different game. Agree with you about too many cars, only just got the Rsi that's still in bits, I have a clio problem.

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Looks like it's been painted to me. And horrendously too!!!
Whe punched into dvla it does say its yellow so if it's been painted they have taken the proper steps. Did renault actually even make a sunflower non sport?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Whe punched into dvla it does say its yellow so if it's been painted they have taken the proper steps. Did renault actually even make a sunflower non sport?

Yeah they did, but the side strips and wing mirror plastics should be black/grey ABS plastic. They've been painted and pretty shoddily too

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Yeah they did, but the side strips and wing mirror plastics should be black/grey ABS plastic. They've been painted and pretty shoddily too
Do both of those pieces come off for replacement? Cant imagine those parts are particularly expensive from breakers? I would imagine the front and rear bumper plastics would be sprayed too considering my other 1.2 was black plastic bumpers

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
It's a genuine 16v sport that's been colour coded poorly. Replace all the CC bits from a scrappy and it would tidy up nicely.

Colour looks a bit UV faded but maybe just a poor photo.

He dropped it from £500 to £350 still a bit expensive for what it is/work required

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Do both of those pieces come off for replacement? Cant imagine those parts are particularly expensive from breakers? I would imagine the front and rear bumper plastics would be sprayed too considering my other 1.2 was black plastic bumpers

Yeah but finding ph1 bits nowadays is rare because they all get squashed before they even get put in a breakers yard hahaha

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
It's a genuine 16v sport that's been colour coded poorly. Replace all the CC bits from a scrappy and it would tidy up nicely.

Colour looks a bit UV faded but maybe just a poor photo.

He dropped it from £500 to £350 still a bit expensive for what it is/work required
My thoughts also. The price is definitely too steep still for what it is, all the bushes will be shot and it will be due a full service at the minimum.
I've messaged the seller to no avail anyway.
Would still be a fun little project if I could get it for the right price, like I say above would love to make it into a 172 knock off but feel it might be abit of a sin [emoji1787]

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Yeah but finding ph1 bits nowadays is rare because they all get squashed before they even get put in a breakers yard hahaha
Funnily enough just looked on ebay and there is the plastic side strips for a 1.2 phase 1 being advertised, but he wants the best part of £18 per piece, making it around £80 for the full set, surely not!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Funnily enough just looked on ebay and there is the plastic side strips for a 1.2 phase 1 being advertised, but he wants the best part of £18 per piece, making it around £80 for the full set, surely not!

Jesus I bought some 2.0 16v PH1 strips for £10 lol!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

My local scrappys had a few let me know if you want me to get a set cheap as I get on well with them

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
My local scrappys had a few let me know if you want me to get a set cheap as I get on well with them
Thanks mate shall do, auctions ended, trying to get in touch with the seller so I can look around but he wont reply!